OLTL: Discussion for the week of October 31

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

May be an unpopular opinion, but I disagree.

I kind of like Neela and Jack.

I've gotten over Ford. It's takes too much energy to continuously hate a character that's not going anywhere(love OLTL too much to change the channel over him), plus he and Jessica are not the worst together.

• Members

I've reached the same point. I still don't like him and what they're continuously trying to achieve with him, but I mostly tune out when he's on. It's a shame, but I kind of have the same feelings for Jessica now too so it works out rather nicely. And I know it sounds petty, but that dog really was the best part of those scenes, the Ford/Jessica portions weren't even a little cute.

• Members

That's been one of the biggest problems with the stories in recent years - you have to ignore people in order to get through the show. For instance, a good episode for me would be in spite of Rex, anything with John/Brody/Natalie, whatever the hell TSJ was doing in his last few years on the show, Ford, etc. It's difficult to find the scenes you don't want to ignore, as usually they're short and scattered.

• Members

Jess/Brody was just a placeholder until they could try to rip off the Nash story. Everything with Ford was supposed to be more like Nash/Jessica (she was supposed to go back and forth between Tess and Jess for a lot of 2011). It was dropped, I guess.

• Members

+10

AT has picked up a really annoying head-shaking tic to go with the rest of his bad-acting tics (looking at the ceiling or off-camera to his line feeder most of the time). I'm surprised Valentini didn't tell him to unlearn that one fast during rehearsals. First impressions of ''couples'' are important when a soap is ending. Couples that the EP and HW want get shoved together quickly without any audience feedback. Even experienced actors who've never worked together much are expected to suddenly have ''undeniable chemistry'' overnight for storyline-dictated purposes only. I've seen it happen (and fail) too many times on each cancelled soap over the past few years. Jackass/Neela are just another FV/RC-chosen couple who have no chemistry IMO. His overuse of ''Scarface'' is more annoying than Tina's obnoxious ''David Vickers'' refrain (which is mainly Carlivati's fault). She wasn't like that when she and David had their little Twister. I'm ff'ing the next Luke and Laura. Nothing about them makes me want to watch a sappy ''teens-on-the-run'' rehash unfold in the next week or less. (Not a spoiler, I'm just assuming that's where this trainwreck is headed.) Pairing AT with an older female who also has little acting experience was a major mistake IMO. sad.png

• Members

I like Neela - AND I like her with Jack. I don't mind Jack sometimes but this scarface bit is getting really annoying... hopefully she will soften him up.

This is one of many times where Brody wasn't in an episode, then popped up half way through or at the end... they rarely ever do that on soaps, but seem to do it a lot with Brody.

• Members

Totally. But remember, anytime Ford abuses someone, it's cute. It's the golden rule of the show and don't you forget it!

I think this is as "real killer" as it's gonna get until the reveal that Irene brainwashed him and that The Agency is holding an alive Victor somewhere

Archived