OLTL: Discussion for the week of October 31

• Members

Oh totally Scotty, we've talked about that one before, how fun would it have been to have Ellen Holly and Erika Slezak play that s/l!

Carla's not a bitch, but if she swept back into town as the eldest Lord and Llanfair was rightfully hers... It'll never happen--for a couple reasons--but one can dream...

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Yes....Slezak started in 1971 and Holly didn't leave until 1981 (and again in 1985 after returning in 1983), so I'm sure they did from time to time.

That was before my time however....my earliest memories of OLTL aren't until about the late 1980s.

• Members

Viki was Carla's matron of honor when she married Jack Scott, which was an Ebony cover story. In her book, Ellen talked about Erika wondering aloud the sense in Viki playing such an important role in the ceremony when their characters hardly interacted. Ellen thought Erika should be grateful that she was part of such a historically significant moment in daytime.

• Members

New York truly is a gif factory and she and her chupacabra mother must have watched the stories when she was coming up because she can throw a look to the camera like the best of the soap diva bitches, e.g. knife gif.

• Members

I am getting back into OLTL more and more these days.....it is just so much better with Tina, Cord, Marcie, Michael, and the real Todd all back, plus knowing that other familiar faces are returning as well....it just feels so much more fun and entertaining as of late.

• Members

There are not too many that have the undeniable charisma Andrea Evans has. Susan Lucci yes, and then you start to run out of people. People always go on about who is a great actress and who is realistic or whatever. Andrea Evans doesn't need realism, she sells Tina as the larger than life figure she is. Then when you see the so-called talented ones try, they fall flat on their face. AE has more talent than any random daytime emmy winner. If she didn't, she would have been blown out of the water by the likes of ES and RS years ago, not been hired by soaps as diverse as Y&R and Passions, and manage to fit in whatever the story or mood of the show is. I have no idea, was she well received by Y&R fans? I have to assume yes.

• Members

I'm so confused... Irene actually married Victor Sr? I thought she was just a mistress.

I also am loving Cord and Tina,

SUrprised the Halloween party only lasted basically one day. I'm almost scared to admit (scared just cuz that probvably means they'll disappear...) Also confused how that note got in Bree's candy basket anyway, but...

Wait, why was the story so groundbreaking?

Archived