OLTL: Discussion for the week of October 31

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I must have blinked and missed when RH's Todd treated Sam as a human being. All I recall is him playing poor Sam to get food and info. Then he made him promise to keep a MURDER a secret, then kidnapped that little boy and left him ALONE in a seedy motel. What a prince.. NOT! I hate this constant need to whitewash RH's Todd's actions.

• Members

I HATED Clint shaking Ford's hand. Clint was the last hold out, darn it.

But I am FLOVING VIki and Clint reminscing about Joe, sniff! JVD and ES are sparking and really selling this reunion. I find them coming back together so much more believable and emotional then Tina & Cord. T&C strike me as overcome by lust not love.

• Members

Hey- OLTL fans- question. I've been offline and away from the boards- Any word on a possible James DePaiva return as Max? The show just hasn't been the same without him and I pretty much stopped watching whenever he was let go. Why is it that nobody has ever woken up and realized that Max was and is a very important part of the show and left a HUGE GAPING hole when he left that has never been filled? And won't be filled until he returns? It drives me INSANE. He was AMAZING in every pairing he was in throughout his run (save Luna, but she was all kinds of wrong for him) and had chemistry for days with his leading ladies.

Max & Tina, Max & Megan, Max & Gabrielle, Max & Blair 1 & 2, Max & Skye, Max & Roxie- Old Max just RAWKED with everybody.

And I absolutely ADORED his relationships with both Asa and especially Renee. That mother/son bond between the two was so sweet and the impact of him pretending to be Asa & Renee's son was felt by nobody more than Renee. In fact, Patricia Elliot is another one that I feel should be used more by OLTL right now.

I know many have fallen in love with OLTL right now and feel like it's the best soap on the air, but my problem with that is I watched OLTL when it was so much more interesting, had its own rhythm and sensibility, and had a MUCH stronger and more eclectic cast of characters than it does now. Hell, I LOVED the JFP years (unlike most) and consider that to be one of the last times the show was truly great, Gary Tomlin's run being the true last (why soaps keep firing that man when he improves everything he touches is beyond me!).

Anyhoo, back to my original question- Any word on James DePaiva and Max returning?

• Members

I can't see it being too hard for Max to return, seeing how he is married to KDP/Blair! He can just car pool with her... probably wouldn't be too expensive either! JUST DO IT.

Also RJ must return.

The show has been okay lately, I am somewhat enjoying this Stacy/Gigi/Rex/Cutter/Aubrey stuff... but maybe that's because I find Cutter and Aubrey much more enjoyable than the rest, they are DEFINITELY making Rex/Gigi more interesting. Although I supposed anyone could.

Love Tina!

• Members

The problem with Sam talking about Victor is that for months the show wrote Victor as not being all that close to his kids (aside from Danielle I guess) and Sam in particular was an afterthought to most of the family. Then, at the end, they suddenly had this big family love between Victor and everyone again. When you make up a show as it goes along, it's difficult to believe any relationship.

Case in point, anything with Viki/Clint or Clint/Ford. Clint is a plot device, not a character. That he supports Jessica's rapist after all the anger he had last year is just more twisting into knots of this man who used to be Clint Buchanan.

Archived