OLTL: Discussion for the week of October 31

• Members

+1 Im really hoping for another fakeout with Victor being alive. That could be the cliffhanger to lead into OLTL Online

As for the first part, another good scenario could have been Tina walking in and going off on Ford for treating her dog like that

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I am really eager for the whole "John is Liam's father" storyline to be resolved soon. The writers really dragged this storyline out way too long. An even bigger complaint that I have with this storyline is that I believe that it was used to prop up McBain, and destroyed a perfectly good character in the process.

I am looking forward to the Tea pregnancy story, if only because we will get to see more of the wonderfully talented Lozano in the spotlight.

• Administrator

I feel like the ghost of Jim Reilly is writing some of OLTL! LOL Case in point: the damn flashback every single day! :lol: John/Natalie's baby saga also feels like Reilly with it going on for more than a year, so many close calls, someone finding out the truth months in advance and keeping it a secret, someone ELSE finding out the truth and again keeping it a secret, the bride marrying the wrong/evil person, build up to a wedding where I assume the truth will come out. Also the close calls and build up of the Rex/Gigi reunion feels like Reilly. I've been really enjoying OLTL because it's really close to Reilly's writing, which I miss a lot.

• Members

This must be Reilly 2.0, as anything of Reilly 1.0 was a hell of a lot more entertaining than the John/Natalie stuff. Reilly 1.0 also probably never would have had John casually dump Natalie and Liam and take up with Kelly, then, months later, suddenly act like he missed them.

The worst part of the endless stalling is the stories never have a payoff. I can't remember one OLTL story in recent years which had a good payoff.

• Members

I know you dont like them but I thought the Eli (as awful as that story was) had a good payoff for Todd and Tea fans. Being one of them, the moment when he saw her alive was one of the most anticipated moments which I loved. Dani finally accepting him as her father and the two married and finally happy for the first time in their history was a good conclusion to all that entire year of watching them as a tortured couple. Again thats my opinion as a TnT fan

• Administrator

True. It's not 100% Reilly, but a lot of the setup is similar to Reilly.

Hmmm........."rapemance" was really good. I just love that storyline and the revelation. The build up to the John/Natalie & Brody/Jessica wedding was good too. OLTL got great ratings for those events.

I'm just loving the build to the Natalie/Brody wedding and Gigi/Rex reunion (though I hate them but set up is really fun to watch).

• Members

The payoff was lame though. It amounted to Marty, the victim, becoming insanely annoying and Todd a blithering mess. A better payoff would have been to kill him off, or followed through with his mental breakdown and have him commited to an insane asylum for a couple of months and seek treatment. The show spent a good amount of time building John up as Marty's great love (with all the near misses, dream sequences, "connection", etc.... John wanted Marty so much that when the oppurtunity presented itself he divorced Blair to be with Marty, and then the show had that couple linger in the background with her playing second fiddle to Natalie.

Archived