What are you doing or watching during the 'AMC' timeslot now?

• Members

I'm giving the soaps first shot.

I tried watching DAYS on Monday but it doesn't interest me at all. I can't get back into it for anything. I had watched 1995-2001.

B&B has always been the only CBS soap I could get into for any period of time. I'm watching today. The cast is so pretty and despite being so pretty they out-act the DAYS cast.

I thought Jacob Young fit best into the role of Rick in his career but so far he isn't bringing it. It's probably because if he wasn't taping AMC at the same time he started taping B&B, he probably started taping at B&B within seconds of finishing with AMC.

I'm liking B&B. I might watch again tomorrow.

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

B&B also benefits from the 30 minute length--and (though this has also helped cause some of its downfall) the reliance on the same basic characters--compared to most soaps it's ridiculously easy to get into. I agree JY so far is basically just playing JR, but he did film them together, and there hasn't been much to his character so far.

• Members

JY was taping both BB & AMC. In SOW JY said he wanted Rick to have a different look but it wasn't possible yet because he was still shooting AMC. Judging by the his appearance on the Talk, he now has a different look.

I'm getting a JR vibe as well especially Tuesdays epi when he was lurking in the car. It kept waiting for Rick to start playing with JR's gun...but it's expected now given the circumstances.

I'm watching BB live now instead of AMC.

• Members

Just one less soap to watch. Down to DAYS & OLTL, both of which air at the same time here. With B&B, I literally skim through it to see if there's anything interesting (more times than not, there's nothing worth watching). Same with Y&R, although these days, I skim through the first 10 minutes, see that they're all featuring characters I don't care about, don't recognize, or don't like their storyline, and go ahead and just delete the episode.

• Members

Y&R.

I have never been able to get into B&B not even for Brian Gaskill, Ric Hearst, Don Diamont and Scott Clifton, I adored them all on their other shows but I just can't find it in myself to watch the show fully. I think i'm just allergic to it.

I haven't been able to get into Days. The last time I thoroughly enjoyed the show was when EJ was terrorizing Sami in those early months of 2007. Now that was a soap.

Archived