AMC - Thursday - September 22, 2011

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

So will we finally get someone to refer to Erica as a grandma for the final episode? LOL...I really hope someone wrote that into the script. It would be a nice way to acknowledge the running joke

Same here especially when most of the people here hated him not too long ago. What he did was illegal and unethical but somehow its made him redeemed. I wouldnt be surpised if he gets a Noble Peace prize and thats how he gets out of jail. I dont necesarily think everyone in town needs to hate him (hated the lopsided writing there) but I wish there was better balance with him

• Members

I didn't think today was as bad as usual with David though. Or maybe I wasn't paying the attention as I thought I was.

She let Adam save Stuart. It was mostly just Cara and Angie worshipping David like cult members, which are the usual suspects. Tad got to give a counterpoint. David was taken to jail and despite any pictures may have to stay there for a while.

If he gets out of jail for good tomorrow, I'm completely with you guys. This will be so much like Pratt with Zach and the whole who cares if he shoots people for organs and has children with his S.O.'s family members behind his S.O.'s back and sscares women down stairs and into glass tables, look how well he broods and carries a gun. David was a primary part of so much agony and also (near) deaths - not just Zach or Stuart - that it'd be wrong to wipe that away even more than the writing tries to in its flip way. That's too much to toss out especially because he doesn't feel guilt.

David never got called out for his part in Stuart's death or on the fact that he didn't save Ian, what he did is put that child more at risk for his own personal gain.

• Members

I don't know. Having David call Stuart the "Heart and Soul of Pine Valley?" to me was laying it on thick even if it was true.Brooke could have said it or Angie. Wasn't David the one screwing with Adams meds that caused Adam's confusion and his shooting Stuart?

And I love my Stuart today when Adam confessed and Stuart told him he didn't need to becasue they were together now.

• Members

Not that it matters now, but I think it would help if you did start paying attention. It helps to keep you from rattling off a bunch of untruths. Angie found out that David drugged Adam and gave him an ultimatum. Either he step down as chief of staff or she'll go public with the information. At first David wasn't going to budge because Zach, Ryan and Erica (with Jesse turning a blind eye) enlisted David's help to re-drug Adam to get the confession out of him about Stuart's shooter. He told her that if she did go public then Jesse's involvement would be exposed as well. Angie was willing to take the risk. David back down and stepped down as chief of staff. So, Adam got drugged twice by four people, but only David got "called out" for it.

As for the Ian situation, again... here's where paying attention comes into play. David was opposed to using the heart valve on Ian because it had yet to be approved or even tested. As a matter of fact, it was JAKE MARTIN who wanted to use it. David didn't even want to operate on Ian because of Leora. It was Erica who convinced him to operate on Ian. So, I don't understand where you've come up with this notion that David didn't save Ian but only put him at risk for his own personal gain.

I understand not liking David and having a "different opinion," but seriously. Let's not rewrite history we've seen play out before our very eyes.

• Members

I'm watching now and dammit...I don't have the words. I just want David Canary to live forever and act on every show I watch. Look for my "Debbi Morgan/David Canary Emmy NOW" Facebook page next year.

This is perfect soap. [!@#$%^&*] perfect soap.

ETA: My only complaint/regrets are 1.) that we didn't get Leven or MBJ back for Jack. I have no problem with Jerica splitting up but I hate that after all these years, Jack had no one to be there for him and 2.) Rylee. That was like watching "so what" make out with "who cares."

Something else, perhaps I'm just being nostalgic but the scene with Scott and Madison in the park reminded me a LOT of Stuart and Cindy. A sweet, simple, loving couple that proved to be more than their damage.

• Members

Erica Kane LIVES! That long scene with Erica, Bianca and Kendall was fabulous. Even Zach didn't bother me, in fact, I quite liked that scene too. I love how, 41 years later, Erica's never abandoned her dreams and that this was acknowledged.

And best of all, MARIAN! I am so grateful to Agnes Nixon for not forgetting her.

• Members

Erica was so Erica today. Goodbye Jack. Take a walk and don't come crawling back this time.

David makes me want to eat babies and kick puppies...

I hope Erica gets to tell him what for tomorrow. Though, LB will probably have her fall at his feet too. She likes women to do that around him.

• Members

Even though I am in the minority, Erica is being so selfish and insulting towards Jack. This is a big reason (along with Lucci's overrated acting) as to why I never cared for the character.

I agree with the poster who earlier said that Young's performance was absolutely bone-chilling when he was screaming at Babe's ghost (as he was telling Babe that she couldn't help him because she's dead). Even though JR is so evil, Young's performance is so great that you can't help but feel sorry for the character. The funny thing is that, many years ago, I thought that Young was a terrible actor and was hired only as a piece of eye candy. I could not have been more wrong.

Finally, although Stuart is indeed the heart and soul of Pine Valley, I feel the same way about Joe Martin as well.

Archived