AMC - Thursday - September 22, 2011

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Well, to be fair, Jackson took her back after Erica cheated on him -- twice. With Mike Roy when they were engaged in 1998, and with Jeff Martin when they were married in 2006. So it's not as if Jack's not accepting Erica's career ambitions or her quirky little habit of leaving wet towels on the bathroom floor. He just sees the writing on the wall. She's already subconsciously setting things up to torpedo yet another marriage due to her need to self-sabotage her own "happiness." It's only a matter of when she's going to fire away. While I detest the Jackson character and had no problem with him being all but written out much of 2009, I actually don't see him in the wrong in this situation. I was expecting him to be his usual chastising, condescending self when it comes to Erica, but he was surprisingly gracious. So, in essence, Jack did accept Erica for who she is. But he also has every right to say that isn't enough for him when it comes to marriage.

• Members

Those scenes really brought home to me what a workload Canary has been dealing with for all these years. He's played two characters plus the extra work involved with filming scenes where Adam and Stuart are together and he did it for decades. Then add in the fact that both those characters were pivotal to the show's identitiy. I'm just feeling awestruck by the guy.

• Members

Just watched this. I skipped a lot of it, may watch later, but I was mostly interested in Stuart's resurrection. I'm very impressed they got that in for one episode. I'm sorry the initial longer returns for Canary and Barr didn't happen, because this is a story which would have been even better with buildup (for instance, I wouldn't have had Adam tell Stuart he'd shot him, moments after Stuart had just returned to life). It was still very moving, especially the scene where Brooke talked about her fears of Adam losing Stuart all over again. I'm glad they took the time to include Marian. Considering how little relationship Daniel Cosgrove had to Stuart (I honestly can't even remember any scenes between them in Cosgrove's first run, although I know there must have been some), he did believably play the shock and joy of his father returning to life. Angie's comments about the power of love and faith managed to move without seeming preachy or saccharine.

I thought they got the balance right in the Tad/Cara scene. Cara has had a lot of pain but is also still fairly young and idealistic, so her faith in David is believable. I liked that Tad was clearly not in agreement with her, but didn't insult her, or patronize her, as the writing often would have had him do over the years.

I was probably most moved by the stuff with JR, Dixie, and Junior. This type of breakdown is something which could have given months and months of drama. I just love the connection between Jacob Young and Cady McClain. I'm sorry that isn't continuing.

Archived