AMC - Thursday - September 22, 2011

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

You know who got me today? That little kid playing AJ. Most of those AMC kids always seem so wooden and him too, until today. You could see him tearing up as JR talked to him and the kid's voice got wavy. That got me.

I also loved the moment after Stuart was revived with David, Angie, Adam and Brooke all looking at each other, incredulous and overjoyed. Like, 'look at what we did.' Despite everything with David. I think it's so important to do stuff like that at the end of a soap, if there has to be an end - it should be a regeneration of what really matters, and a new beginning that goes on, and it should be built on and executed by the characters who got you there. No other modern soap finale has had that kind of moment for me, and believe me, I've thought about that eventuality for OLTL for a long time, not that it's necessary now.

I also loved Brooke kissing Adam's cheek as held Stuart's hand.

• Members

Let me do Final thoughts on today's episode.

I didn't think today was a good family dedicated episode but it was an above average regular episode.

Highlights:

Angie knowing the one thing that could save Stuart was his soulmate, his brother Adam. It working. All the emotion behind that. David even put his ego aside to smile at what happened.

David not exactly getting the save and being taken back to jail. People not completely blind to what he did either way. The counterpoints.

Stuart's reunions with Adam and his son.

The shots with Brooke, Angie, Adam were dynamic. Some of AMC's best, if not their best, together.

The one long Kendall, Erica and Bianca scene was classic. It was like going in a time machine to 1970 Kanes and it was well played by all the actresses involved. It was really a great concept, idea. Even the counterblanace with Zach encouraging Erica to not grow up, more or less. I was initially annoyed by the Zerica scene but taking a few minutes away from it, I saw what that was going for. It's counterpoints. Where does Erica's true happiness lie?

Marian making an appearance! Hopefully the show continues with this tomorrow.

• Members

No.

I can't explain either but I feel the same way.

I think he did so well because he wasn't acting or trying to act.

I hope not. I do not want to see Erica Kane having to settle. I loved Zach and Erica's scenes. Maybe Zach didn't agree with Erica's decision but he respects it because he knows where she's coming from.

I've loved Zach this week.

I criedsad.png

Rylee was so not needed today.

Didn't they get closure weeks ago? Ryan just had to bring up the green butterfly BS

I can see that happening or JR accidentally shooting Babe and then he offs himself when he realizes what he's done.

I'll be pretty impressed with AMC if they have a suicide in the finale, that's ballsy.

• Members

That's the thing, I don't think Erica not leaving everything behind for more fame would be her settling. She thinks that is what will truly make her happy - but is it? It goes back to that 1970 thread in her character. The perfect thing to do tomorrow is showing Erica initially happy with her choice but then without anybody really battling or beating her down showing that maybe she's already found much of the fulfillment and success she needs right in that small town with all those people. If they want a cliffhanger and if the general cliffhanger doesn't involve JR, just leave her at the airport looking at the boarding schedule after or before flashbacks of her life in Pine Valley.

• Members

I don't know how I feel about what Erica should do. She always [!@#$%^&*] over Jack and he always takes it and I'm tired of it. They plugged their last big wedding in what, 2005? as the wedding, the end, and I really loved it, and then of course it was over before it began. I think her chasing a variety of fleeting male stars like Nouri or Mario Van Peebles has gotten old. But at the same time, this conflict is so classic and so native to Erica, beneath her skin, and so simple and character-driven - the same conflict she has always, always had, and perhaps it does make more sense for her to just keep searching. Maybe that's more poetic. I don't know. And I like that I don't know. Soaps don't deal in those kind of simple inner character conflcts anymore.

• Members

Indeed, marceline.

Like I said I was initially annoyed with the Zerica scene because I felt they were saying Zach was all knowing again and that was that. I seperated myself from old bitterness towards his character and it did hit me that they were just doing two different perspectives for Erica to make a choice tomorrow.

Unless things were changed due to PP, I do think it has to go back to Mona's message to Erica. Erica's need to be more famous and loved is not so much great, strong Erica as it's the abandoned child in her that never got over and never healed from her father leaving her and never truly loving her. It'll never be enough for her in a lot of ways unless she can really overcome the past.

Archived