OLTL: Discussion for the week of September 12th

• Members

Interesting KA quotes about RH

"No, I was not very close to him. He was very nice to me -- at times. I think we did some really good scenes together and a lot of people think: Oh, Todd and Starr, he was my dad and we had that father/daughter relationship. But definitely not in real life. He's a quiet guy. He really didn't talk to me at all." (SOW Chatterbox 2003, Kristen Alderson)

(on her co-stars at OLTL) "They are normal people. They are really nice. And Roger Howarth really likes me, which is good." (TV Guide Online, August 2001)

(looking at a picture of Starr and Todd in 1998) "I love that picture. Aw. It's so funny because I only remember bits and pieces of those times when I was taping. ... It was just so cool to me and fun, and Roger Howarth [then-Todd] was really nice to me." (SOD 4/1/08)

• Replies 300
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Personally, I think AT would be better off modeling, but it's also clear that playing a character such as Jack goes against his nature. Kids don't know how to play characters who are unlike themselves; they don't have that kind of training.

So now you know why KA was so good as pre-teen Starr. ;)

• Members

-- This show misses TSJ so much it's unbelievable. I'm annoyed with RH, but I think it's more because I see him as a replacement for Trevor rather than Roger himself.

-- AT is one horrific actor, but there's no denying that you have to look at him when he's on the screen. The kid is incredibly good-looking.

-- Does Kim Zimmer shove food in her mouth all day long? That sweater thing makes her look like a frickin sausage.

• Members

Has Kim Zimmer's autobiography been discussed here?

I'm halfway through it, but it's disappointing. She praises some actors and industry people effusively, but when she's negative, she rarely names names. I thought this was supposed to be some balls-to-the-wall-no-hold-barred memoir.

If you have an aversion to exclamation points, you definitely want to avoid Zimmer's book. That's right -- every other sentence!!!!!!!!

Archived