OLTL: Discussion for the week of September 12th

• Members

Funny, on another site someone posted a ton of non-yelling KM's scenes and folks were shocked. They had convinced themselves she yelled in every scene, too. Perception is a funny thing sometimes.

When SOD gave Kelley Missal Performer of the Week for the cancer reveal last summer, the editors mentioned her maturity vs other teen stars who forget they need to react even if the script doesn't include those explicit directions. For example, SE and AT do not react unless it's a closeup. Watch KM in background scenes too or when camera isn't focused on her. She's IN the moment still feeling the emotions she should. That's intuitive and hard to teach.

• Replies 300
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I haven't like Mrs. Evans since she showed such open favoritism for prized son, Greg. I felt bad for Shaun and really resented her.

I wasn't a fan of her husband constantly making excuses for her brash, grating personality either.

I've been wanting to stifle Nora's self-righteous attitude for months, too.

• Members

I enjoy her too but after today I think she does need to get over Destiny's pregnancy and deal with it. Destiny did decide to not have the abortion and she is pregnant. Theres nothing that can be done at this point. It is what it is. She can hate on Nora all she wants for manipulating Destiny but the fact is that a baby is soon on the way regardless of how things went down. She just needs to accept that and prepare

• Members

This whole Destiny's child story feels sooo contrived. RC has no clue what to do with HBS/RSW and SE, too... so he contrives this false fight over a baby.

It's a misuse of RSW/HBS who should have been mixing it up with the 2 Todds since day one. Shoving John who has no history with RH into this mess was a fail, IMO. It's a worse misuse of SE who cannot carry this type of meaty material. TP comes off too overpowering because of SE's weakness and how badly HBS is being written.

• Members

Beyond propping Rex I'm not sure RC has ever been interested in Bo. A lot of what made Bo durable is gone - he just seems pointless.

JFP is the one I blame for taking away Nora's humor, and she's never been the same since. I think RC lost interest in her after he broke up Nora/Clint.

Bo and Nora worked so well in dramatic stories in the early to mid 90's because they always kept their humor and personality, and they had strong feelings, and ties to other characters. Now they just seem to be there.

Archived