Anderson

YRBB

• Members

Anybody else looking forward to it? I'm very curious to see how this goes.

I also read here that the set is really good. I don't want to see it before it debuts, but I'm definitely excited.

I wonder if he will now start discussing his personal life and incorporate his sexuality in the show. That would, indeed, be amazing.

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I doubt that he will ever talk about his sexuality on the air. True, it's common knowledge that he's gay and that he's been with his partner living in NYC for several years now (I've seen them as they lived in the same building as my ex), but being that he is a Vanderbilt, it will probably never be discussed, sort of an unspoken truth.

Sad, but true.

• Members

I thought the premiere was really good. The show looks stunning & Anderson is a great host. I had no idea the first episode would be about Amy Winehouse, that was a nice surprise as I was a huge fan of hers. I love how he interacted with the family and the several tribute montages they showed were really well done. I will continue to watch this show!

I'm glad they stuck to the facts surrounding Amy's death & talked about how things led to it all. It was interesting hearing her parents take on it all and how they thought she died. I was almost positive she died from drugs but that was ruled out (WOW, did not know she's been drug free for three years). Looks like alcohol/a possible seizure is to blame.

• Members

I agree. It was a fantastic talk show and i hope he keeps it up. Its interesting, he is charming and good at the flow. by far one of the best new talk shows in a very, very long time.

As for Amy, though drugs may not have directly led to her death, i am sure they played a part. years of heavy use does not go away once one is clean.

Oh, and with his sexuality.. i do not see the need for him to discuss it. nor others like him, such as matt Bomer. They are not exactly in the closet, they do not hide it as much as they are not on the cover of people proclaiming their sexuality. If either wants to publicly come out, they should.. but if they want to keep on living the seemingly happy lives they are with their partners - and not hiding it - then good for them.

• Members

I watched/listened as I was getting ready to head out yesterday, and I thought it was good. I just felt like they were trying to stretch out a 30 min. interview into an hour-long one. There was space in the air. I didn't really mind that, it had a more casual feel and seemed more focused on conversation than trying to be a slick and tight production. But that energy won't work five days a week, though it most likely won't be a problem as I'm sure there will be lighter subject matter. I've seen some of Nate Berkus' show, and oy, I think he'd be better off on a panel, like a home improvement version of The Chew (The Screw?).

• Members

It's nice to see Anderson and Kathy again. Kathy looks better than I've seen in a while. I guess her work has settled, or her hair is great.

I was watching that Gerard Depardieu interview he did. I didn't know Gerard had become one of the Dark Crystal characters. I thought it was fun, although Anderson tries too hard to be cute. All the focus on his giggle just seemed forced.

Sometimes I can't really get around where we are in TV today. We can't have serious conversations or representations of most races, sexualities, problems, ages, but we can have an extended conversation that consists of:

- He pissed all over the floor.

- He has a huge penis

- Take a water bottle with you so you can piss in a bottle

Archived