Y&R: Bring Back Brenda Dickson

• Members

I don't need to, DC is reporting that Susan Lucci did NOT sign with the internet buyer of AMC. If MAB reads DC like she watchs the Oprah show she'll be right on it.

Also on that site ( in the comment section) it mentioned Jess Walton was moving to Oregon,she wasn't leaving the show but commuting like Tricia Cast does. This can't be good, how often to we see Nina? They use some many of these old characters as filler, Nina, Gloria, Lauren, Paul, Tracy, and Brock etc., are they adding Jill to this list? They never write for these characters, they just parade them across the screen to show us they are keeping the vets on the show. If they cut Jill's time back any more than they already have she's worthless. Jill will be suspended in time, she will exist but nothing will really happen to her and we will never know how she feels again.

If this is what's happening they need to write Jill and Katherine a big story. I can't believe they will let their longest running rivalry just wither into nothingness.I would rather have the show end and watch wrap up stories than every character and family I have followed just stop without explanation. Nikki's ending story could unfold over the phone without us ever seeing MTS..

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Jill is the sort of character that should have KAY staying power but the writers miss the mark. Every soap needs a few older women as mother figures/mixers. I would love to see Jill written like 1970's Kay, stable hand and all! Dickson could handle this a lot better than Walton but both women have their own unique skill sets.

• Members

Brenda wasn't all bad in the 80's. I think between 83-84 she was the strongest. Between 85-86, especially during the divorce she became somewhat inconsistent and by the end of 86 she was downright awful. But there were moments like these from early 1987, I think around Jan/Feb that Brenda could still get it right. I wish she had played the role more like this after the divorce from John. The ice queen type, instead of the over the top diva she was most of the time.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aM1MYB1ga2U

• Members

She says Ed Scott asked her to play diva while Bill Bell wanted a more tender Jill and that the Chicago/LA battle harmed the character. On some level, I believe her because Ed Scott was just starting out, wanted to make his mark and was young enough to see the glam trend that must have somewhat evaded Bell. (Bell loved characters like Nina and Cricket and avoided over-the-top)

I think viewers were directed to hate Dickson during the 'battle' and firing. Y&R has recentlydone the same thing to MTS.

Archived