Y&R: Bring Back Brenda Dickson

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I didn't expect so many Dixon fans She was the best Jill and one of the best all time Y&R actors. I hope the writers check the message boards and steal my idea. It would be cool to, again, screw with Jill's parentage but this time give her a real rival. Also, Dixon could fill the void JC will leave once she finally strokes out and leaves the show

• Members

Someone should do one of those silly Facebook pages linked up to TPTB. I was just watching old YouTube clips and Dixon nailed it. There was almost a sexual chemistry between Cooper and Branda. The current regime will ruin any story, anyway. It is hard to believe that these are the same writers who got the show back on track roughly two years ago.

Also, too bad that they already killed off Liz Foster 'cause she'd be great in a 2Jill war!

• Members

This thread is hilarious. MAB doesn't want to write for one Jill much less two. Ha!

This only thing that seems to fascinate this writing regime about Jill is that she did nails as a young woman. I thought it was admirable of Jill to work and do what she could to help put her brothers through college and food on the Foster family table, they were very poor. Many wealthy and successful men had menial jobs in their youth, they are hardly defined by it, but they are proud of it. But MAB makes this honest work a joke like Nikki's stripping. Since her arrival so many characters have made light of her first job, i.e. Chloe, Phyllis, and last week Genevieve, like she would know. I guess if you aren't born into money like Nick, Victoria or Jack you aren't worthy of respect or to run any GC corporation.

The only story I think they would write for two Jill's is manicure wars to make fun of them and amuse themselves. Brenda Dickson would never be allowed to say what she used to say as Jill, JW Jill can't. They would do to Brenda's Jill what they did to MW as Diane, humiliate her for her past sins.

If we had a new writing team I would love it. I liked both Jills, but JW owns her now. An older BD wouldn't fit Jill now, she's young Jill to me, I would feel like Y&R was in the twilight zone. New Todd was only Todd for 7 years or so, 25 years in a role is a big difference.

• Members

As long as any Bell family member is involved we won't see Brenda, let alone any of the original Brooks or Foster family members 'cept as 'drive bys' as Jaime Lyn Bauer called her embarassing 2002 return. I think Bill Bell had a psychological hatred for his original characters/cast when they all started leaving. The fact that his re-tooled Abbott/Newman/Williams show which replaced Y&R in 1982-83 and soon shot to no. 1 is all the validation he needed.

• Members

It's logical that Dick would be in her name ;) Sorry for the spelling error.

The current regime macks mock of honest work. The Jill doing nails bit was silly considering there was no way for a woman that rich to become so very poor. The writers love to degrade Jill and even mock JW looks from time to time. Agism and sexism were avoided by Bill Bell (Liz Foster) but utilized by MAB.

Archived