DAYS: September Discussion Thread

• Members

I wish they'd do Chloe and EJ. It would be new, different and usher her into a place where she would be in contact with Kate and get on her nerves. She doesnt like EJ but she'd hate to have Chloe in the Dimera fold. It would be interesting to see what lengths she'd go through to get her out of EJ's life and what he'd do to protect Chloe and get rid of Kate. That could make for an interesting dynamic in the Dimera household. The way they could start the story is tie it into EJ's upcoming one. He needs a wife in order to be more presentable as a

. Chloe needs money and a stable job, reptuation and image. Being the

would solve her issues and help with her custody. It would defientrly be a marriage of convenience but they could fall for each other. Then there's the Nicole angle they could work with and Brady who wouldnt like it either. The more I think of it, the more Im upset this wont play out

• Replies 333
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I think its so stupid how Jack is walking around there and no one sees him. Its not even like he's lurkign in the shadows as he's been walking freely and out there. Really, not a single person sees him? And dont tell me its bc he has a beard. If anything that mountain man look would draw more attention to him

• Members

As someone who enjoyed parts of the last three years, this all feels like goodbye rather than hello. I don’t get a sense of what we are building too. People have left and people have come back, but it just isn’t clear where Salem is heading (unless you’ve read the spoilers). They’ve reshuffled the deck, but they haven’t it made it clear what game we are playing.

I’ve felt these last few episodes were more sentimental than emotional. I don’t mind a good dose of sentiment, but I sort of hope the emotional motivation that was an undercurrent in some of the stories of the past few years stays.

I’ve never been overly impressed with Bjorlin, but I thought her final confrontation with Kate was well written and well acted.

I believe Sonny commented he had seen similar structures in Europe.

Cheap, when Rafe was introduced, Sami was in Witness Protection during Sweeney’s last pregnancy. Rafe arrived in October 2008 and Marlena and John left in January 2009 before Sami returned to Salem with Rafe, and later her adopted daughter Grace.

I’ll admit I haven’t been as loyal in my recent viewing. Did Kate end up finding a backer for Countess Wilhelmina? They made such a big deal about E.J. squashing it and Victor turning it down, but I don’t remember her finding an ally. Did I miss this?

I don’t like how everything is happening at this event. Kate’s press conference seemed tacked on. During Marlena’s bonding scenes with Sami and Will, I kept thinking this would have been more intimate if they were alone instead of being surrounded by half of Salem. With that said, I thought the Marlena / Will, Marlena / Sami, and the Abe / Roman / Carrie legal conversation were all nice touches.

In general, I think the show does feel a lot like it did prior to the past couple years, but, par for the course with 'old' 'Days,' I feel the canvas is too narrow in its scope.

Archived