GH: Classic Thread

• Replies 6.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

Not sure if this was ever posted here but this is a great sumation of Alan & Monia's stories from the 70s-90s, with a less detailed restrospective of the 2000s. Don't hold me on the accuracy but it lines up for the most part from what I've read. 

www.eyeonsoaps.net/almon.htm

Edited by ironlion

• Members

Thanks for that Alan and Monica history, @ironlion! I've recently been interested in that period where Alan and Monica are living together in name only and he starts the affair with Susan. You would think that Alan wouldn't want to get with his brother-in-law's ex-mistress, but I guess beggars can't be choosers. Also, it's interesting that Monica originally was okay with the affair, at least as a means to ensure that she'd keep A.J. and get a divorce settlement. Somewhere down the line, she regained feelings for Alan.

• Members

Loved Alan and Monica in the early 80s. They were so toxic and dysfunctional, and could go from comical to serious all in a beat. Rick Webber and Susan Moore were some of their best material.

I really like how relevant they still were under Wendy Riche especially with Alan kissing Rhonda and accidentally killing Ray Conway.

• Members

Didn't Alan kill Ray when the latter was beating up on Rhonda?  IIRC, Alan threw Ray off Rhonda; Ray fell back into some window and he died.

I also recall - for some strange reason - that that (the Alan/Rhonda flirtation) was the story where we had to endure Stuart Damon wearing western clothes and learning to line dance, lol.

• Members

Yes that's how it played out. A & M were always entertaining but I wonder if the writers ever felt they were being too repetitive with the couples constant extramarrital episodes. I guess that was the point, lol. Starts at (10:05)

Also came acrossan Alan & Monica fight history from 1993 including the scene where Alan rapes Monica. Struggled to find it in the actual 80s clips.

Begins at (4:58)