GH: Classic Thread

• Members

I've always seen Carly as someone who'd have many, many paramours in life -- like ATWT's Lisa or AMC's Erica -- and maybe a child -- like a daughter who'd make life hell for Carly the way she made life hell for Bobbie -- but never, ever as one-half of ANY supercouples.  Like I've said before, she's just too complicated to work that way.

Edited by Khan

• Replies 6.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

It is interesting because I have read that Tom Donovan had reinvigorated the show, but then it fell apart when it went to 45 minutes.  So it must have been rocky a bit before he got there too.

I would love to see more of that period, especially more episodes where Jessie was still a lead, early Lesley, Phil Brewer’s murder.

• Members

It's disgusting honestly. They've never appreciated her. Genie should be swimming in Emmys and be the face of the show akin to Erica Kane and Viki Lord instead the show trips over itself to reward men like Geary and Benard who spent/spend their days giving half-assed performances because they're over the job. I've never seen her phone it in unlike those two losers.

• Members

A few days ago someone on soap twitter decided it was important to have observance of Genie's 45th anniversary and suggested it be done on twitter, and the word spread, asking everyone to tweet with these hashtags today 
#Genie45 #GenieIsGH
That word has been spreading for several days.

And oh look ...

Was that a preplanned canned tweet? Probably.
The question is ... will the show actually do something to honor her?

Edited by janea4old

• Members

Frankly, a Twitter hashtag isn't good enough.  GF and Laura deserve a lot more.  A whole lot more.

Trust me, if this were TG's anniversary, and he were still on this show, we'd have to suffer through yet another, Emmy-baiting showcase where he gets a whole hour to himself; spouting more, dreary monologues about how it's all Laura's fault that he's such a miserable bastard. ("How DARE the woman I raped ask me to settle down and be a good husband and father!?")

Edited by Khan

• Members

I remember thinking when she wasn’t even nominated after Lucky died what else does she have to do?  Because both the scenes when Luke told her and then later in Lucky’s room by herself were heartwrenching.  Especially the scene in Lucky’s room- that felt like watching someone really grieving and lost.  Even glory hog Kim Zimmer said in a soap mag that she felt that was criminally overlooked that year.

Even when the writing for her was awful, I never saw her personal opinion in the performance.  Geary- all the time.  And I like TG and Luke, I just think he is at his best when surrounded by grounded performers- Genie and Jackie especially.

Also- wouldn’t Luke’s death have been a perfect time for flashbacks and Laura to spend time evaluating her life- from as early as they could find scenes with Lesley, to fighting with Bobbie over Scotty, through Luke and her kids to today with Kevin.  You know, an organic way to celebrate 45 years based on the current storyline.  Jesus how did these people get so bad at doing soaps?