OLTL: Discussion for the week of August 8

• Replies 579
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Saaaame DNA...Love that second to last shot of the two Todds looking face to face before the closeups...Can someone screencap it?

Now I wonder where RC will take the story, though we all know the outcome...At least that was a nice Monday twist.

• Members

All I could do was shake my head and smile at that. The show totally had its cake and is now eating it too.

I'm guessing someone in that wacky lab injected TSJTodd with some syfy dna mimicking serum.wacko.png

• Members

Soapsuds I am just curious why you dislike RH so much? Is it because of his stint on ATWT which was dreadful?

I like both actors but I have to confess, RH as TOdd possesses something TSJ doesn't and maybe its the essence of the character. I never watched much when RH was on years back, but i have to admit he had a presence and just seems to fit.

• Members

I think the writers feel somewhat bound to write the story around the need to explain Danny's DNA test. There has to be an explanation as to why it matched TSJ Todd's. Personally, I would have accepted that Tea had a short relationship in between Todd and Ross Rayburn, and the Fake Todd was that guy. It would have let him keep Danny as his daughter.

Obviously, the writers have no problem ignoring/rewriting history, but I think Danielle's paternity test was so recent that they felt it couldn't be ignored.

• Members

Never in a million would I have guessed that Pressediny would pass up the chance of having Matthew's baby. Nice that they threw that crumb to Phylicia, it's about damn time. I guess I never really thought about it, but Destiny's been living with Shaun all this time? Why did I think he still lived at home...

Did anyone else huh.png @Nora's line about Matthew lying in that hospital bed still growing while his brain wasn't playing catch up? I immediately pictured the slow pan from the meeping heart monitor over to the hospital bed revealing some dude looking like Tyler Baker circa 1997 all hooked up to tubes and crap. Not sayin, just sayin.

• Members

I thought TSJ looked very alive in today's episode...He's actually been great since the start of this story...I've accepted he's leaving now and will just enjoy these last I assume two months of him on the show, though I have no idea what there will be to do with him once everything comes out.

I also like that Jack believes him no matter what. It's pretty disappointing how quickly everyone who's apparently loved and believed him for 8 years completely changed their minds in a heartbeat.

• Members

You could tell TSJ is resigned to the fact that they made RH the real Todd. He said F it. His acting is zany, almost mocking...

The writing for RH is way to OOC. They're trying to make him sympathetic in contrast to TSJ and they're diluting his character in the process. His reactions has been unbelievably tame. I'm not buying "domesticated" Todd.

• Members

Yeah I get that TSJTodd and RHTodd are supposed to be different, but RHTodd wasn't a p ussy...The fact that he hasn't attacked TSJTodd at all since revealing himself and finding out about things, especially the rapemance is a bit off...

And i think it's funny that now RC is using RHTodd to basically bash the storyline HE WROTE AND PRAISED.

Archived