OLTL: Discussion for the week of August 8

• Members

IA but shoudlnt be surprised. This isnt the second time that Nora has a raised a killer and bent the rules to suit her needs. Her coming down on Bo for not arresting Nate for his crime made her look even more foolish considering its her failure to have Matthew face the law for his cime, which led to all of this

Destiny needs to get her ass beat. Her treatment of her mother is uncalled for and just wrong. I gave her a pass when she first learned the truth but its been months. She needs to get over herself already and realize that this woman loves her

• Replies 579
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Considering the show has only handled it about once a month since it was all revealed, mentally its only been about a week since she learned the truth

Bo was accepting responsibility for his actions, something his nitwit wife is incapable of

• Members

Bo just goes along with what the plot demands. Otherwise I doubt he would have more sympathy for Ford than for the mentally ill niece Ford raped. He also doesn't seem to care all that much when Rex doesn't take responsibility for actions.

• Members

http://boards.soapoperanetwork.com/topic/40040-oltl-actor-returns/page__view__findpost__p__947351

From the minute it was confirmed that RH was returning, I thought the two would be playing twins, with Irene Manning having two boys, instead of one. Question was, which was which. It would explain the DNA test that was done with TSJ when Dani's paternity was confirmed and it explains this new test. It also establishes a biological connection with TSJ and his family regardless of who he is and helps give him an identity rather than simply being some random nobody that has invaded and infiltrated his way into this family's life for the last 8 years, one of which he would have no personal stake in at all.

• Members

Yeah, I really think she would have been over it by now IRL, and as Cheap was saying, the blame really goes to the show for dropping this bomb in Destiny's life and totally side-stepping it for months. All of those big scenes with the Evanses, all five of them, and BAM!, NOTHING.

However... there have been instances of this grandparents as parents thing in my family, and the parents began working in some kind of understanding of the real deal before Destiny's age without some big bombshell having to drop. I know that isn't always the case. And I know this is a soap opera. But I also find it unrealistic that either parent didn't in hushed tones explain to Shaun what the situation was, even if it would have broke his heart, i.e., Charlene. I just don't believe that the parents would keep Destiny's true parentage from Shaun.

Archived