OLTL: Discussion for the week of July 18

• Members

Im sorry but thats ridiculous. ALL characters get bad writing at some point. Should Erika Slezack have left the show years ago when her character got it bad? Does that mean she doesnt care enough about Viki bc she stuck it out, didnt throw a hissy fit and quit? Ditto on Kassie DePaiva, HBS, Bob Woods, etc..... Im so against this notion that people have on TSJ bc he didnt leave bc the writing was bad. That just seems like a lame thing to hold against him bc if more actors did that on soaps, we probably wouldnt be watching them

He does. He has a wife and son and it would have been foolish and selfish of him to just quit his job over something trivial like that especiall when he has two people to support

• Replies 428
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Exactly, and I strongly belong to the camp of people who feel that that's not even an actor's responsibility - If someone says TSJ should have left because he as obviously bored and wrong to do "air quotes" for rape well really the writing and directing and producing team shouldn't have let him do that. They did, so I don't think they minded it (I actually suspect they thought it was perfect, if it wasn't even in the script). It's an insanely hard career, and when you get a stable role, to suggest they owe it to their audience to walk out, is beyond bizarre. I mean by the same token, we could say that Jack's actor should have left straight away because it was obvious he wasn't up for playing a lead on a soap, etc, etc. Or Marty should have l3eft straight away when they suddenly made her a murderous psycho...

Archived