AMC: actor to possibly make a cameo appearance

• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I can do without Babe. But, she never really bothered me/impressed me at all. She was just there. Then again. I started watching in 2007 after AH left as Babe and AB was playing her.

Sometimes she annoyed me. But, like I said. Not to the point of some of the other characters. IE. Ryan Lavery.

If she comes back. I hope it's her alive. And, they close out the show on ABC with her and JR getting remarried. Then, if JY don't wanna do the websoap. It can just be explained that him and Babe just decided to live out their dream of moving to California.

I don't want another ghost on canvas. Even for a day. I'd rather David just have her alive.

• Members

Nah, they just did that, and that doesn't seem LB's style.

AH has startted to impress me on Torchwood, I wasn't so keen the first episode, but the second more so.

Anyway, I don't want her alive. Whatabout her appearing in a dream or something--I'd be fine with that. I doubt she'll be a ghost wandering around...

• Members

I just heard about this. I kind of felt it in my bones that she was coming back. Otherwise why would she be even discussing the soap in the first place? Alexa was a BIGGER part of AMC then her husband ever was, how could they not at least consider asking her to comeback to the finale when she played such a huge part of the soap from 2004-2007? That's just plain ridiculous.

I agree. It was one of the soaps most popular pairings under Havins and Young, comparable to Zendell when they were hot back in 2006. It's one of the few pairings in the 00's AMC that were successful and were a hit with fans oddly enough. Even though they were toxic for one another. If you hate Babe or not you can't deny that JR and Babe had a pretty big following from 2005 to mid 2007 when Alexa was in the role. It's J.R.'s most notable and most popular pairing even if some JR fans will never want to admit it. They were red hot and got endless spoiler scoops from the soap magazines, lots of soap media attention and were highlighted in the airtime and polls, etc.

This is the truth. I don't think people saw the other side of it. They only get the internet bashing. Alexa had a following that was pretty dedicated to her when she was in the role. During most Soap conventions, luncheons, weekends, etc they were pretty vocal in her favor. Billy Miller (Wes/Ritche) once had an convention/luncheon interview where he was asked only questions pertaining to the character of Babe Carey and his storyline with her and JR. So obviously fans cared about her, at least when Alexa was in the role. Alexa had lots of fans and followers. There were times when Alexa would stay after the appointed times in meet and greets because her lines were so long and so many people wanted her autograph and wanted to speak with her and talk about her character.

To those that were devoted to the show and liked the show she was very well liked and that was shown by the level of participation of the most die hard AMC fans who shelve out money to particpate in events like Super Soak Weekend, Fun in The Sun and all that stuff. Alexa certainly DID have her fans and she wasn't universally despised. She had various fans who liked her relationship with Bianca (prior to the Baby-switch reveal) and as stated above loved her with JR. To say that she had no fans at all is a misconception of the tallest order.

Babe is one of many. There are so many characters that are supposed to be dead what's the point of one more? I don't see how Babe staying dead will make this soap any more believable. Dixie is alive. Greenlee is alive. Jesse is alive. Hell Leo may even be alive. Babe being alive doesn't make this any more unbelievable. It's far past that point.

Not true. Her friendship with Bianca was super popular prior to the Babyswitch, and her relationship with JR was incredibly popular as well. It's JR's most popular pairing. That alone shows that she was not universally disliked.

Alexa was very involved with her character and she made no bones about the fact that he hated the storyline where JR tried to kill her (Babe). That turned certain JR fans off from her. But to be honest I can't imagine any other person feeling any other kind of way about that storyline. People hated Babe for staying with him after that too. Alexa was no different from the typical viewer.

It's not as simple as that. She had concerns about how viewers would view JR trying to kill Babe and then have Babe run back to him after he tried to kill her. That's pretty much as far as the 'interference' went, and it was obvious McTavish didn't give a damn what Alexa thought anyway. She still did it.

Because JR now is such a noble upstanding guy. :lol: Babe was certainly no worse then JR was.

That's not true either. She said that she didn't understand why viewers still hated her for the events that took place in 2004 (the interview was taken in 2006/2007) because she thought Babe was making strides in redeeming herself, which apart from a few stumbles (enabling JR) she was.

• Members

This is exactly why I don't cry for the soaps. No character can stay dead, especially the horrible ones like Babe. Not that it makes much of a difference, other than the return of the Silver Fox, I am not watching this BS show. It can be renewed online or in space for all I care.

• Members

You know, the more I hear about the online thing the less interested I become.

I'm not going to freak out about Babe. Granted, I found the character more irritating than a summertime yeast infection but I blame a lot of that on overkill. I do hope its just a dream. Like someone said, Babe's death had meaning and AB played the hell out of it.

• Members

Exactly! Babe was never redeemed, Alexa herself once said that the show keeps trying to redeem Babe but fans keep smacking her down. NO it's cause they didn't attempt to try and redeem her instead used Bianca to prop her and say "Babe is love" like that would make people love & forgive Babe :rolleyes:

Archived