AMC: actor to possibly make a cameo appearance

• Members

Which is why she always submitted in the supporting actress category. :lol:

I actually do agree that Alexa was a supporting actress outside of the Baby switch but that doesn't mean in anyway that she was a less effective actress. A lot of the time in soaps the supporting players are just as strong as the leading ones if not more so.

• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

And why were people interested? Because they couldn't wait for Casey Anthony to pay for what she did which never came.

Huh, kinda rings a bell.

That despite never getting the wedding or being "a real couple" JR and Annie still managed to garner a big fanbase in record time and Annie is the one that people want JR to end up with...that's my point.

Havins stronger than Egan...MELISSA CLAIRE EGAN? :lol:

That is the dumbest thing I've ever read. Say she's prettier, say she's nicer or sexier...but stronger than Egan? If Alexa Havins is still acting in 40 years, she's still won't be a better actress than MCE is NOW.

LOL

Oh the irony.

SOC is full of sh*t when it has countless and countless threads celebrating Zach's return but when there are a couple of posters celebrating Babe's return it's now proof of her popular she is? :lol:

• Members

Babe while Havins played her w/ many angles came off as a ho. Annie under MCE was multi-layered, you felt for that girl in ways you never did before. JR and Annie were a side story and they became big under thier flaws. That was Jacob Young and Melissa Claire Egan's acting rising another level.

• Members

Are you really saying Billy Miller can't act? :blink: Wow. Just WOW.

Alexa most certainly delivered consistently, she gave Jacob as good as she got and she was great opposite him in their scenes.

I already discussed Egan and Minshew. Agreed that MEK, TK and VI are in a different tier, but I don't understand why you would compare veteran performers with performers who just started performing.

I feel like you are deliberately ignoring some of Alexa's strongest moments. The baby switch could have killed other actresses yet Eden and Alexa were the ones who shouldered most of the brunt of that storyline that went on for 9 months. She was strong against Young, Micheal E. Knight, VI, Bobbie Eakes, Eden and Collins, etc. and consistently gave strong performances even if you hated her she was very organic, real and raw and gave you something to work with as an actress.

Yeah safe to say I disagree. Alexa Havins crying over the loss of her child is way more effective then Egan's spastic hand waving, crazed eyes and hand jabbing.

• Members

I think there were some people that only liked Babe when she was Amanda Baker since she didn't ooze ho haha. Maybe I'm remembering that wrong. I don't remember much of Alexa Havins re: acting ability but I DETESTED Babe with a passion and was thrilled when she died.

• Members

As to Babe being a ho, that's just poor writing that's not really Alexa's fault. Baker's performance was just Babe with a lobotomy everything was muted and had no color to it. The writing for Babe wasn't that much of a change. If anything Baker's Babe was even more sanctimonious then Alexa's Babe. She constantly lectured JR about becoming a better person and looked down on him for hooking up with hookers. The only difference was Babe herself had no flaws so she just became a Courtney/Emily character from GH. The patron saint who did no wrong and told everyone else when they did.

At least with Havins Babe there was a push and pull of her doing wrong too. Baker's Babe was for all intensive purposes too white.

• Members

Yes, Billy Miller is overrated as an actor, that gold emmy he had was JJ's. All he can do is smirk and JY does that better than him. When it comes to Billy Miller man thank god for him he's on Y&R b/c a talented actor, a multi-layered actor? Please!dry.gif

Alexa came off as a young Britney Spears, that was ok for back than but nowadays? don't even put her on Melissa's level.

• Members

You keep changing your statements. First you said he couldn't act at all now you are saying he is overrated.

Billy Miller has given stronger performances then JY for awhile. To be honest JY has been down hill since 2007.

Yeah I disagree completely. Billy Miller is a great actor.

Archived