AMC: actor to possibly make a cameo appearance

• Members

Alexa is saying Justin Breuning will make a cameo:

http://popconfidential.zap2it.com/2011/07/15/pc-exclusive-alexa-havins-dishes-torchwood-miracle-day-and-whether-she-and-hubby-justin-b

PC: A lot of high profile alums, from Eva La Rue to Josh Duhamel are returning to Pine Valley before the show ends its run on ABC. Have you and Justin been contacted by the brass about doing cameo appearances as Jamie, Babe or the Ghost of Babe, since your character was killed off?

AH: That’s the question, mine’s a little tricky, because Babe, sweet Babe, was killed, but on daytime people come back from the dead all the time! You never know? So on my end, nothing’s quite certain, but Justin’s character Jamie is in Africa, so they’ve asked him and he—as far as I know—will be making a cameo. But..I don’t know, they were doing a finale? Is it still happening, now that it’s maybe online? It’s not really ending? I don’t quite know what's going on! Is everyone disinvited? I don’t know [Laughs]!

• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

The last time I really cared about Jamie was when Micah Alberti was in the role, but it will be nice if Bruening returns as Jamie.

I also wish they could bring back Tara or Jeff or Charlie (not Chris Lawford preferably) one last time, but that's reaching I guess.

Oh, and Paul! I'd like to see Paul.

• Members

I guess in this case I can see why. Babe is dead and everyone in her life has moved on.

If they did bring her back it might have been nice for Krystal, as that's the only person Krystal ever had any real bond with, and perhaps this visit could have given Krystal the strength to move out of Pine Valley and onto her own life.

• Members

Same.

I can see why they wouldn't ask Alexa back for Babe though considering they currently have a Babe insert in the form of Marissa who more or less is Babe without all the complexities, history, baggage and flaws. That being said JR just named dropped her today so someone on the writing team is thinking about her.

That's very true. They brought back Dixie after seeing her as an angel twice and they brought back Jesse after being shot and left dead for years. Greenlee was also brought back after dying in a motorcycle accident. No reason why Babe can't be in David's refrigerator too as you said everyone else is. .

• Members

Yeah don't even remotely believe that. Babe's been dead for three years and things haven't gotten better. If she is the sole reason for the death of AMC then why has it not recovered if it's so great now? As if characters like Griffin and Cara are so amazing and as if the writing itself is top notch stuff. AMC is riddled with problems and have been since 2005. If anything I would say point your fingers at the never ending Ryan, Kendell, Zach and Greenlee hour that was definitely one of the biggest problems the show has had over the past seven years and still in some ways continues to have. Combine that with a definite lack of interesting new characters and suitable younger actors to give the show new life and the show was bound to stagnate and die.

Archived