AMC: actor to possibly make a cameo appearance

• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I'd rather JR die from alcohol poisoning.

I really hope that Babe is dead for many reasons but mainly because I don't want AMC to turn into some crappy SyFy show where everyone is miraculously alive in the span of two months.

• Members

Planet earth on a soap called All My Children, 2003-2007

She was loved indepnent of JR. A good chunk of her fanbase disliked him and rooted for Alexa above all. If anything he made her hated. I know I hated her back in 2006, when she chose to reunite with the bastard

• Members

I disliked the character bigtime, too... But I'm rational enough (and was paying enough attention at the time) to digest that she was, in some strange way, pretty popular among many fans. And obviously she holds significance to the show's story thread for some time over the last decade - so I can wrap my mind around how she might make a reappearance.

Babe is, at minimal, a polarizing character. But from the context of what I'm reading, I'm not sure if we know who's being called an "effin bee" here... Babe.. or Alexa?

• Members

Yeah she was hated for that but but she was still very loved and popular throughout the baby storyline. She alienated quite a bit of her fanbase which stuck with her when she reunited with JR and didnt get them (some) back till she left him. Thats why I say she was one of the most polarizing character created in recent times. There really hasnt been anyone that has divided the viewers quite like she has in the past decade. You either loved her or hated her. There wasnt much in between

Cant speak for CD, but in many caes, both. People hated Alexa as a person just as much as her character

• Members

From what I gather, people blamed her for the writing of Babe. Allegedly, they claim Alexa whined about the scripts and had them altered to make Babe come across more sympathetic and lovable. In doing so, part of the reason Babe was portrayed the way she was bc of Alexa herself. Ive seen alot of hate stemmed from that

• Members

And that's likely such bunk. I'm sure Havins didn't want her character flushed down a toilet, but since when did Megan McTavish start succuming her "vision" to an actor's request? And even better, when did she ever need to be told to make a morally bankrupt character more sympathetic? That's like McT's template!

I think it's just, unfortunately, easier for some people to pin their frustrations on the faces they see most - the ones on their TV screens.

Archived