AMC: actor to possibly make a cameo appearance

• Members

To me Greenlee was written as a leading heroine, not an anti-heroine, in her first run. Not the first year, with Becca and Scott, but after that. It was one of the reasons I lost interest in AMC. Homophobic comments and nasty attitudes yet I'm still supposed to cry for her because Ryan uses her or she doesn't have a father or Leo didn't jump at the right time. It just never worked for me. But to be fair I had a lot of problems with AMC at that time outside of Greenlee.

For me the only time Greenlee worked was with Jake, because he didn't enable her.

• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I'm starting to suspect you stopped watching when Alexa left. Saying that Jacob Young was in his prime in 2005-2006 is yet another thing you've posted that is utterly ridiculous & instead of checking out ONE scene where JY is basically acting with a corpse (BA), how about you check out scenes where he finally get to work with a REAL actress (Missy), you know the kind he doesn't have to carry *cough*Alexa*cough*

• Members

Pretty much the majority of his scenes are with Scott, Annie or Marissa since Babe has died. They are the primary players in his sphere/story/orbit and he consistently gives poorer performances when he plays with them. From what I have seen he is bad in all of his scenes with Marissa and Scott to the point where the scenes aren't even salvageable. So that discounts the majority of his work right there. He surely isn't being challenged by the work Chrishell gives him to work with when they bother to put them together. As she can barely act herself and relies completely on her opposite performer for the scene to fail or succeed. His acting with Egan leaves me unimpressed continuously although she at least attempts to give him something to work with - even though it's all hand jabs, hysteria and cartoon buffoonery in theory he can at least react to that in some way. But even so it's little more then maybe a notch or two better which only makes a scene borderline passable at the highest extreme. So what does that really say about his performing ability now?

Yes you can blame a portion of his poorer performances on the Marissa's and the Scott's but that still doesn't change the fact that he still gives poorer performances compared to what he gave in the earlier part of his role in 04-07. Honestly to say that this is him at his best would be completely discounting the work he did when he found out Dixie was alive in 2006, some of the stronger work he did during the baby switch storyline and his work with the Janet Dillon story.

I won't even get into how he is currently when he is challenged up against stronger actors in the forms of Vincent and Billy Miller. They make him look like a helpless mouse. Bottom line Young is a poorer performer then he was in 2005 and 2006, the only reason it may not be noticeable to you as a fan is most likely because he is acting opposite mannequins like Allen, Egan, Cosgrove and Mayfield. The talent level on AMC has lowered considerably the past few years with most of the AMC cast being siphoned off to Y&R or other soaps, filming projects. However when you compare his work when he performed with David Cannery in 2004 and 2005 to the work he is performing now there is simply no contest. He has gone downhill and his technique has atrophied from performing with actors and actresses who do not or cannot challenge him to bring better to the table.

• Members

You have to be the biggest Babe nonsensical homer I have ever heard. Jacob Young to you has gone downhill, to the masses of soaps fans including his own peers and ppl in the media has improved and is actually in his prime in acting.

STFU about Billy Miller, Billy Miller is a one note actor, past that stupid snark HE CAN'T ACT!

He can't cry on cue

He can't do sensible

His angry face is a joke

His comic side is nonexistant

He sucks w/ kids on camera

Do I keep on? he has one draw in Villy, which is a boring couple, but ppl flocked to it b/c it looks pretty.

He can't do 1/2 the things that Jacob Young does on that set. He has one advantage and that's CBS >>>> ABC, that's all.

You really haven't been watching Jacob b/c no one is stupid enough to say he regressed in acting, let alone stupid enough to say Miller is a better actor :lol: . Babe left and JY carried so many s/ls w/ so many actors. David Canary left a huge void in the show and JR Chandler is now getting noticed. You want me to take your opinion serious and you have this skewed sh!t for a view about Jacob regressing. And then having the nerve to tell us that Billy Miller can act :lol:

Oh and to get this out of the way, I just read SID awhile ago. Interesting interview w/ Melissa. SID basically telling her since her exit fans have been clamoring for her to come back to AMC. Not Alexa, Melissa, and you can guess why they've been clamoring for her return and what Jacob and Missy both want.

• Members

I would be able to take you seriously if you were able to back up your opinions with scenes and facts but as it stands you just sound like an over obsessive Jacob, JR/Annie supporter and well what's the point of even discussing this with you? you stated that Rebecca Budig and Billy Miller weren't good performers which is false. You've stated that Minshew is a strong dramatic actress which we all know she isn't as she is as frail as a twig when it comes to taking her dramatic moments on her own. You continue to trash Alexa's performances because you most likely don't remember her or weren't watching when she was on as you also seem blind to the popularity that was JR and Babe. I don't know what it is about your hatred for Miller perhaps it's that he gets more notice and acclaim then Young does or if he is just on the better show but it's clear that he can act and AMC's loss was Y&R's gain.

If nothing else I think I have proven my point and more then that I have at least mentioned other actresses and actors who are strong yet all you harp on about are how great Egan and Young are. You didn't tackle any of my arguments about Jacob's scenes with Allen, Cosgrove, Statuse, Mayfield or Glendening which are all lackadaisical and poor performances by Young. Nor have you tried to talk about Egan's cartoonish 'methods' of 'acting' so that just leaves me to believe that you don't know how to tackle those arguments.

Bottom line out of those in the male cast who does Young out act on AMC now? Cameron Mathison? Cosgrove? Garret? Vilasuso? Well it's not a hard thing to do to out act them. Mathison hasn't given a solid dramatic performance since 2004 and the rest are nearly inept in terms of dramatic range. He has regressed, there are several times when he is in scenes where it looks like he doesn't even want to go through the material and doesn't put forth much effort as in the aforementioned scenes with Marissa, Amanda and Scott. The truth is Vincent, Thorsten, Ricky, Micheal, David and Darnell put forth more effort in their material and are all stronger actors for it and consistently out act him. Safe to say I haven't seen Jacob put forth as much vigor in his work since 2007 maybe 2008 at the latest. It's obvious he has grown complacent with the loss of Canary and he is languishing in stifled acting tricks.

• Members

LOLs :lol:

Look at that pot calling the kettle, I mean suprised you don't have Billy Miller 4 Life sticker on your handle. Rebecca Budig and everyone in the industry has noticed that eversince Josh (Leo) left AMC Rebecca Budig has been sleep walking in every possible dramatic scene. She's the worst at dramatic moments and pulling out emotions, it got to the point fans loved Sabine's Greenlee over her. And she had an accent. :lol: Minshew for yrs. has been a top actress in soaps. Her dramatic moments are always noticeable. I remember Alexa, I remember her ditzy talk, yes it was dumb trailor park ho speech, she came off as a teenager, at times Colby sounded like the adult over her. Mama this, mama that, screechy voice and those pity for me cries. :lol: I don't hate Billy Miller, Billy is one dimensional, he's one note, IDK how you can't see that, even Y&R fans know that. When he was rumored to leave the first name that came up was Jacob Young, and all they said around well here for one is that's actually an upgrade in acting.

Jacob's scene w/ the break up w/ Marissa after he found out Scott slept w/ her, were one of the most talked about scenes during that s/l, DayTimeConfidential reviewed, Podcasts all over were talking about it. Micheal Logan made a column for AMC, then the scenes w/ Young/Egan were even put on his site as the best performance in that week on soaps. How strong were the performances by Young/Egan Y&R started copying thier s/l that's how much it caught on. :lol: Cosgrove and Young keep getting kudos for thier scenes together, I don't like Scott but him and Young have that chemistry in which you could watch all day. Mayfield couldn't act, Glendening is a horrible actress, if you saw the reveal to her being a lesbian everyone including the posters on AfterEllen praised Jacob Young for his scenes, there were posters saying his performance was that of a Marlon Brando. Melissa Claire Egan and her acting has not been criticized since 2009, she took crap that was given to her by Charles Pratt Jr. and spun that sh!t into gold. Her moments of showing how Annie is more than just a crazy girl, actually cares about her daughter, and the people in her life, actually apologized for her actions, Egan has been frontburner for yrs. now, her method in acting is showcasing Annie although she can be a b!tch and hell on heels, she combats you at times w/ snarky childish antics, showing that Annie is a like damaged little girl w/ no guidance, no mom, no dad, that really loves her, fans have loved that character for yrs. now, lets not even get started to compare her and Babe. People actually love Annie even after killing her brother and JR's aunt. Babe people are wishing she burns in hell.

Comparing these two is not fair to Alexa b/c even though she works on TorchWood she is nowhere near what Melissa Claire Egan brings on that screen. You realize Susan Lucci was off for 3 mths. and MCE took over, no one noticed much how Lucci was gone, Alexa Havins would never have been able to pull that off. All that character did was hold back JR and many others.

Darnell the human bobblehead? Vincent and Thorsten are like 20 yr soap vets. and Jacob matches them in every scene. Ricky Paul Goldin? really? really? I can't take you serious you're embarrassing yourself there. MEK and JY scenes are always requested SID, SOW and etc. love thier scenes. David Canary and his scenes w/ Jacob are always must watch.

Safe to say your opinion is OMG Alexa the QUEEN of my TV! left so Jacob has regressed, meanwhile everyone in the soap world and entertainment world saids differently. :lol:

• Members

Wow. Your barometer of talent is straight up messed up. You think Minshew, Sabine and Egan are the best actresses of AMC? :ph34r: God I would hate to view things in your eyes. And you call me a Homer? :blink:

Even though I am a fan of Alexa I would never say that she is better then the likes of Debbi Morgan, Cady McClain, Julia Barr or Kate Collins. That statement you made above right there is honestly quite embarrassing.

I don't know what's scarier the fact that those three women are your trinity of AMC or the fact that you have the gall to say Young is just as good as the likes of Vincent, David, Micheal and Thorsten. Safe to say I'm out. You just took the cake.

• Members

There you go again assuming sh!t. I said SS's Greenlee outperformed RB's Greenlee when she returned. I said Minshew and Egan's acting >>>>>>>>>> Alexa's

Young is just as good as VI, TK, DC. You should be out, b/c half the sh!t you say doesn't even make sense.

When did I say that you f*cking loon. You keep on making sh!t up. Keep going, it's looking wonderful for you.

• Members

You think Budig, Havins and Rigel are poor actresses, yet you stomp your feet and jump up and down and claim that Minshew, Sabine and Egan are amazing. Yeah that [!@#$%^&*] makes no sense.

You think JY is just as good as a man who has won the Emmy five times for Best Leading Actor in a Drama Series. There are no words. Just pure comedy.

• Members

LOLs when did I even speak about Eden today? :lol:

He's 31 and has an emmy and multi nominations for a part that really never got much attention from writers. I thinks safe to say he is definitely just as good as they were at 31. It's not even just the nominations or the emmy it's the notice and how much appreciation he gets for the part he plays.

• Members

LOLs everytime we try to move on Skins waves her "Ho Babe, we won't go!" flag. It's just when she starts talking stupid and saying stuff like "eversince AH left in 2008, JY has regressed as an actor" "Havins was way better than MCE" etc. That type of delusional homer sh!t.

• Members

? I corrected misconceptions various JY fangirls seem to have in regards to history. That's not waving a flag. It's setting the record straight.

Alexa Havins left in 2007, not 2008 so you again have your information wrong, and just keep telling yourself that this:

Compares to this:

I'm sure if you say it enough times you'll start believing it. :lol:

Archived