Y&R: Discussion for the Month of July

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I wonder what is up with Eden? What was she in rehab for, an eating disorder? Abby made some crack about that, but I couldn't tell if it was just sarcasm. I really hope Abby did not have Noah's baby. Please, god, not that.

Sam being drunk seemed random as hell.

• Members

Eden was in rehab for bulimia. MAB probably went digging through the archives to bite off Bill's stories again..."Oh Traci had bulimia..." :rolleyes: I like new Eden thus far. But she looks too old for Noah and that boy's hair is fugly. Get a haircut like daddy Nick did please.:lol:

• Members

How handy of "Sherry" to have a brand spanking new strapless satin bra & panties combo underneath those cut-off jeans and lumberjack shirt. Yes, it's another round of Sharon comforting a guy with her vagina. God knows what the Sharon haters are going to say about that (nevermind that Phyllis projectile-launched herself on Nick's dong a few weeks ago). I will say one thing: today was the first day I really "got" that vet. There is something tender and sweet between him and Sharon. He is obviously lonely and Sharon is sad and traumatized and needs somebody non-prickish. If TPTB actually cared to write this show coherently, this guy could be to her what Hope was to Victor.

• Members

You're absolutely right Cat! :)

However, the other problem with Sam and that storyline is that once again, he's grossly miscast. Y&R should have gotten Mark Collier or Robert Tyler for the part and IMO, should still recast with one of them.

• Members

IA---I don't think Flanery's the problem. I caught him in some utterly forgettable Hallmark movie, and it struck me how charming he was. The problem is the hackneyed plot and the boring character he plays.

• Members

I agree. I saw that movie too, and trust us, he was the ONLY bright spot. I think if the character ends up in GC, he will work fine with plenty of people. And I'd much rather see Sharon with this boring new character than with Adam or Nick.

• Administrator

Really liked the 90's flashbacks. I never got to see Eddie's Matt Clark and his storyline (the rape, the murder, Nick's trial). Too bad the last half showed scenes from the past 3 years.

• Members

He doesn't have to make an effort. He gets what he wants just by phoning it in with certain actors and trashing stories to the press.

I haven't seen this episode yet but please tell me they did not flog Cassie's corpse for more pity points. It is obscene. I don't remember Traci going all XXXXXXXX after she lost Colleen.

• Members

I pretty much only watched today because i knew there would be 90's flashbacks of Nick and Sharon. I was however disappointed that they only showed a few from 1994-1996. I stopped watching as soon as they threw in the clips from a couple years back. I am now convinced more than ever that Maria really thinks her stuff is much more "thrilling" than her father in law ever created, which is why she loaded the show with so many of her own clips, and not the great Nick and Sharon clips Bill Bell wrote. Did you guys noticed how it looked like they were trying to blur/block any flashback that Heather Tom was apart of? I feel that the wedding flashback was when you could see that she was completely blurred.

I wished they showed the clips from 1994 that had Sharon Cases first day in the role. I know she was the third recast, but i would like to see her debut scenes. Also i liked seeing the Matt raping Sharon scene since that has never been posted online anywhere. For a fun piece of trivia for you longtime viewers, correct me if im wrong but i believe that scene where Sharon was raped aired the same day as Phyllis running over Paul and Chris with her car! late December 94/January 95 right?

Archived