B&B: Old/Classic Discussion & Articles

• Members

YouTube is partly responsible. The platform is trying to save money on bandwidth by lowering the bitrate of 1080p videos and hoping people won't notice the degradation too much. But if you pay for Premium you might get the "Enhanced Bitrate". I say might because not every video gets it and it is limited to 1080p30.

I'm currently trialing Premium. On some of the S13 videos, I do notice a marginal improvement but I do not think it's worth paying for at this stage.

• Replies 6.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members
Posted (edited)

What I’m more concerned about is the inferior audio in some of the episodes. At first I thought I was imagining it, but I started noticing that some episodes sound like they’re in mono. Audio sounds somewhat muffled and blended together, the way mono sounds like when you split one channel audio into two.

Other episodes sound much clearer and fuller with clear separation in both the left and right channels, and a lot louder as well (and they sound amazing). Interestingly the bad audio only seems to be affecting the 60 fps videos. You probably won't notice it unless you wear headphones like I do, but even I've noticed it playing on laptop speakers.

Edited by Troppo

• Members

My oppinion on some things being discused: I really loved the Couple Ridge + Caroline sr., but after that my fav was with Taylor.

About the 2000-2001 episodes, i enjoyed the Morgan story got some good stuff in it.

I am now watching the 1997 episodes and i rally hate the way Thorne inteprates what is happaning between Ridge and Brooke and the way he is manipulating Taylor to think Ridge does not love her....

• Members
Posted (edited)

Trolling is a rife over there, with the clapped-out Brooke jokes and the usual suspects trying to get a rise out people. It becomes stale after a while.

Edited by Troppo

• Members

Yep it’s disgusting. I read a handful of comments on one of the S13 episodes released today (link below) - the comments are abhorrent.

It’s the same 8-10 YT users that constantly post about her hair, body, eyes - it’s happening on almost every episode. Others are more aggressive and derogatory and say “KKL is …”.

The same core users are now posting “Morgan is so ugly” against Sarah Buxton. I wish the official YT channel would ban these users, or shut off comments but this would ruin engagement with the good folk I guess.