B&B: Old/Classic Discussion & Articles

• Replies 6.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Much gratitude to the Angel for the latest 1997s! Particularly great because they contain the incidental music that their Youtube counterparts didn't have. So glad the music wasn't actually lost. Once we hit 2566 we will get to the point where the Youtube channel a year ago mysteriously stopped their Season 10 uploads midway before completing Season 10.

• Members

I am also watching 1997 and i said it before and i am saing it now, but i really enjoy the who shot Grant story

Please register in order to view this content

all have motive and all had access to the gun

• Members

I enjoyed 1994-1998 for the Dylan and Grant eye candy mostly; something that is sorely lacking in 2000. Although that Antonio guy from 2001 seems to have a pretty face.

I thought 1997 was a tad boring in parts. Sheila getting Mike to sabotage a dishwasher was hilarious though. The Who Shot Grant storyline was ruined by the lack of music, so I may have to go back and rewatch it.

• Members

Can someone please remind me? Hunter Tylo left B&B in order to star on Melrose. Taylor was killed off. After all the drama with Spelling, Tylo returned to the show and Taylor showed up as an amnesiac princess.

What was B&B's original plan? Were they planning to recast and bring a new actress after a few months? Bring a new rival for Brooke? I don't think that Ridge and Brooke were meant to be happily married forever.

• Members

Hunter Tylo left four times from 1994-1998.

1994 she left to film a miniseries and Taylor was believed to have died in a plane crash, which lead to Taylor the desert princess.

1996 she left for Melrose Place and Taylor left town but Melrose Place fell through and she was back. That same year was a pregnancy leave but I can't recall the exit story, maybe attending a medical conference.

1998 was another pregnancy leave and I think the exit story was Taylor and baby Thomas visit Taylor's father.

With Hunter Tylo being so in and out from 1994-1998, it felt like so many storylines were derailed.

• Members

Thank you so much for your answers. Obviously I had things mixed up. So Tylo's first exit and return was a shock only to soap beginners. I think the show removed her from the opening credits in order to make it more believable. I don't even remember her 1996 exit, I guess it must have seemed final at the time, since she had booked Melrose. Was she gone for months? Did it seem final while watching? Was it around the time the show was teasing Ridge and Lauren?

• Members
Posted (edited)

Someone else uploaded it before me. Thanks to them.

Please register in order to view this content

No, it didn't feel final. In 1996 she was gone for a little while and it was just something like... I can't do this anymore, I have to start over I'm going away for a while. I remember the last scene was her dressed to leave somewhere and turning the lights off.

She was back in no time.

Edited by Maxim

• Members
Posted (edited)

I wonder how B&B would have handled it if Hunter's role on Melrose Place had worked out and she had left B&B for real. Would they have re-cast Taylor or brought in a new character? And if I'm not mistaken, wasn't KKL also thinking about leaving around this time? Would B&B even have survived if both HT and KKL would have left?

Edited by I Am A Swede