B&B: Old/Classic Discussion & Articles

• Replies 6.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

I just finished 1564… is it just me or did the plot accelerate very quickly out of nowhere…?

Previously, Eric had given Steve Crown a 1-week “ticking clock” to get close to Brooke and get rid of Connor Davis.

Suddenly, in 1564, Connor has learned of the Belief patent and will receive the patent file the next day, so now we have a new 24-hour “ticking clock”! 

Additionally, Ridge only just departed to Monte Carlo in ep 1560 for business, but also to decide btw Taylor and Brooke… and now in 1564 he’s already returning!

Feels like the writers decided that things were moving too slowly…?

• Members

I actually preferred Trachta's Thorne to any of the other Thornes - mainly because of his excellent chemistry with Eakes (and I am one of the minority(?) who actually enjoyed their singing on the show) and the subtle sense of humor he brought to the character. I also liked Norcross's fragile Thorne but agree that he might not have worked long term as a plot-driving force. For me, it was quite hard getting into Harmon as Thorne because he seemed like such a departure from the first two Thornes who both had a certain gentleness and softness to them whereas Harmon played Thorne more "rural macho" (which made it almost impossible to believe that his Thorne grew up in a mansion in Beverly Hills). Ingo as Thorne to me is just an unfortunate parenthesis.

At first I was impressed with KA as Taylor but now I find her "teenage vibe" inappropriate for Taylor. It's like she acts all the time the way HT's Taylor acted during that scene when Pierce had hypnotized her into reliving the '70s. And though I am somewhat relieved that the show is more or less ignoring the OOC mess that was post 2005 Taylor, they do have to take her actual unpunished serious crimes into account (her shooting Bill was always the elephant in the room during the whole time Sheila was kept from seeing Hayes while Taylor had full access).

And yes, I agree the current writing leaves a lot to be desired in terms of storytelling and characterization. That is why I'm mainly interested in watching the classic episodes. 

• Members

I noticed that too. I assumed it was one of those rare moments where the outlines were not precise enough for the script writers or someone who was supposed to do script editing messed up. The Connor / Steve part made sense for me because Eric's ultimatum had nothing to do with the actual events, Connor getting his hands on the file.

On a non-spoilerish note I have now reached #1640. There's a new doctor in town. I was kinda suprised by Ian Buchanan's entrance because he was styled to the max. Meaning Hollywood glamour makeup/supermodel aura - even more handsome than in his other early new 90s work like Columbo. However, James is supposed to be a tortured soul - I just don't think a psychiatrist would style that way if he were that conflicted... And by that I'm already ignoring the fact that not that many psychiatrists are that good looking but on B&B all of them are: Taylor, Jay, James...

Edited by sheilaforever

• Members

Ian Buchanan was almost impossibly handsome back then.  His accent didn't hurt either.  I was actually quite taken with his relationship with Brooke.  He took note of the past, was cautious in getting close to her and brought out a light and gentle part of Brooke.  Even though I found the beach wedding glorious and loved the honeymoon, for the most part, I was sad that James had to take a backseat to Ridge.  To me, James was a much better match for Brooke than Ridge could ever be.  But the show has constantly not allowed Brooke to ever get past her feelings for Ridge, no matter how horribly he treats her-point in fact, 2005 when once again back from the dead Taylor appears, Ridge is glued to the hypocrite, thanks to Mommy.  It was horrendous.  Poor RJ was just left behind for two witches who didn't care a thing about him.  And Ridge, what a dope.

The friendship between Stephanie and James was nice.  She started out very suspicious of him and was rightfully angry that he and Taylor cheated on Ridge but their alliance in dealing with Sheila bonded them.  I miss both actors.

• Members

It is my understanding that sexual chemistry is mostly in the eye of the beholder when it comes to acting.  Whatever kind of chemistry IB and KKL, had I liked it.  Now when it comes to lack of chemistry KKL and TK have zero. And generally I find KKL has it with most other actors, male and female, although not necessarily sexual chemistry.  I used to think TK had it with Eva LaRue on AMC but other than her I have missed it.  But again, it is the way I see him perhaps.  Many people thought he and Alicia Minshew had tons of chemistry but I thought it was all on her part.

• Members

I couldn't help but take an advance peek at the newly-uploaded eps to confirm exactly when Kimberlin Brown returned from maternity leave 

Please register in order to view this content

She returns in a cameo in 1764 and returns in a full ep in 1768. 

Does anyone know the original airdates of 1764 and 1768?

It's strange to see Molly so warm and maternal with Sheila, and Sheila so friendly and non-hostile/not-homicidal towards Molly!

Eternal thanks as always to the Uploading Angel!

• Members

The dates are April 1st and 7th, 1994!  At some point, I need to add the airdates to all these episodes! 

I've seen those Sheila/Molly scenes and yes it's so scary how nice Sheila is! LOL She was a HUGE bitch over the phone to her the last time, but this is the "closest" I think we've seen them! 

When Was KB's last day before her maternity leave again? 

Edited by YRfan23

• Members

Oh! I forgot to mention this part ealier! I'm actually a singing person but I have to admit that Thorne & Macy's singing was the most boring part of the show for me (at least in my 1987-2008 era). It was bland, dolorous, theatrical, melancholic, very unreal and veeery boring. I understand there are different kinds of love and ways of presenting it to us in the show, but that was too much for me. It was almost like a musical, because there were singing way too often and too long and I really hated it. I'd rather watch again Ridge & Taylor trying to conceive a baby for like 100 episodes (which was pretty boring to watch as well).

After seeing Connor's house for the first time I'm almost certain that's in the Big Bear cabin. There are maybe few additional carpets and some little changes around there but everything looks almost identical. Also James' apartment seems to be Clarke's old place. And I know that many people could have already realized that Sally's apartment is taking place in Nick Preston's apartment. Also I remember the Marone house looked very similar to Sheila's house after her leaving the psychiatric hospital. It's been pretty much renovated, upgraded and decorated but still looks like the same place.

• Members

it would be great if we can try keep track from the beging about the house which one belonged to whom

For example i know that the house Ridge bught for Taylor in 1998 i think was bought from Pierce and the it went to Bill jr.

The House Magy and James lived in was bought by Adam Alexander.

The beach house originaly bought by Tylor was rented i think by a lot of people like Jacky.

The house Ridge bought for Brooke in 1994 and she still lives in was never mentioned to have cabin before 2010 something and now Hope lives in it.

Anyone else that remembers something?

What happened to Eric and Brooke's apartment? to Thorne and Macy's apartment?

Edited by Marquise

• Members

Eric and Brooke's apartment in L.A. was so beautiful.  It was a bit reminiscent of the Forrester Mansion with the columns and the great balcony overlooking the city.  Frankly I have not seen any set that looks like that one since.  Thorne and Macy's apartment was more generic so it could be transformed easily. Also missing is Thorne's beach house.  It was quite different from Taylor's, now Wyatt's house. Bill Spencer's penthouse was great too.

James's apartment always reminded me of his and Taylor's offices.  LOL

What I really miss are the Ocean Club set and Cate Russe set.  The elegant dining was so conducive to romantic stories.  I see very little romance these days, just a lot of wham bam of the blue stuff.

Edited by PSPCindy