B&B: Old/Classic Discussion & Articles

• Replies 6.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

I have now reached November 1993: Catalina Island...

Boy, this show was so rewarding to watch. Brooke/Ridge/Taylor is anything but fresh because - well - we get the same or less cleverly structured drivel till this very day!? BUT: everything else is extremely fascinating to watch.

Cue: the Y&R crossover storyline of Lauren & Sheila.

#1666: While intended for Sheila to have her comeuppance, it is also Lauren - one of the biggest soap b*tches of the 80s and 90s - who gets a dose of her own medicine. I won't reveal any specifics because some of you have not reached this episode yet, but this is just soooooo good. 

BTW: I think someone on this board mentioned it before. In the previous episode Sheila gave Eric a handjob. Like for real (sort of, without getting to graphic). I don't think this was EVER done in soaps before and definitely not since.

• Members

I agree - watching these classic B&B episodes I am surprised to realize that Ridge's love life is actually one of the *least* interesting storylines in my mind (back in the day Bridge vs Tridge was always the major frontburner story and one that I was following with a lot of interest). Maybe it's knowing that 30 years on he still won't have made up his mind that kills the romance for me.

On the other hand, my appreciation for Stephanie, Sheila and the Spectra gang just keeps growing when watching these episodes the second (or third) time around. There are just so many subtleties and nuances in their scenes that completely passed me by the first time.

Bridge vs Tridge may be very soapy, but subtle they are not.

• Members

Nope. Check these much later news reports.

https://www.soapcentral.com/bold-and-beautiful/news/2010/0315-23years.php

https://www.soapcentral.com/bold-and-beautiful/news/2013/0129-renewed.php

Judging by these in 2013 CBS then switched to September seasons as these seem to be the last mentions of the classic season format.