B&B: Old/Classic Discussion & Articles

• Members

Yes, I agree with the "dark character pretending not to be" assessment. It is kind of telling that he is the ONLY character who managed to drive a serious wedge between Sally and Macy - while acting perfectly charming to both of them.

And how his actions force "angelic" characters like Keith and Darla to do damage control.

It's interesting that he just came from playing a dark character on another soap - I didn't know that! But then it makes sense that the writers may have had something dark in mind for him when casting the actor. 

Edited by Videnbas

• Replies 6.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

The actor playing Anthony fit the dark character hiding under a handsome, charming face to a tee.  Anthony was also a talented designer.  Sally fell hard for him but she was always a sucker for a pretty face-Bucky Boy anyone?  It was kind of sad how infatuated she was with him, even moving him in with her.  Anthony went to a really dark place and it was rather shocking.  I liked Ivana but they did a 180 on her character to fit Anthony's evil plans. Michael Sabatino was perfect for this part and Anthony drove a lot of story for a while.

I still miss the fashion aspect of the stories at B&B.  I have heard that they are too expensive to the show but when they were eliminated it took the show to the lowest common denominator-triangles and endless partner swapping, often seeming incestuous due to the small cast. 

Classic B&B is a treat.  Current B&B-not so much.

• Members

I can imagine they were expensive to shoot. Classic B&B fashion shows used to have a lot of extras, choreography, lighting, music, clothes that seemed to have been made especially for the occasion, as well as feature a large part of the cast. I just watched Felicia's fashion show on the official Youtube account and it was more like a dance performance.

• Members

Thank you so much! For 2006-2007 I think you can use the "missing episode 2005-2009" file, most episode numbers were still missing in English (but they're in German).

I still haven't had the time to make the list for 2000-2004. I will try to upload it under 2000s in the coming days.

@divinemotion I would love that too. The quality for 2010 is really not good with 360p and the Youtube version is the only one we have (nothing on CBS.com). For your information (if it can help) the first Youtube episode with 1080p quality is #6149 (2011-09-07). The first one with 480p quality is #6025 (2011-03-25)... Episodes #5642 (September 2009) to #6024 (March 2011) are all in 360p. So if you have some or most of those months in better quality, we'll all be grateful. Thanks

Edited by Jennybold1974

• Members

i haven't got tha time to come and say thank you to each and veryone who is uploading episodes now! THANK YOU! when i have the time i will watch them finished watching 1993 but have no time to start 1994

Please register in order to view this content

• Members

I uploaded more 2007 eps from the anon angel. You all may be interested to know he had the missing #5127 and 5128 featuring Brooke's rape. It's really dark stuff. I had forgotten how intense that period was with Stephanie trying to take Brooke's children away and then Brooke getting raped.