B&B: Old/Classic Discussion & Articles

• Replies 6.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

@BoldRestless I don't have this list, but I can make one. I have my own hard drive with all the episodes from the vault (and other clips and episodes I had in other languages - French and Italian mostly). So I think it'll be easy to see what's missing and make a list.

2006-2010 is definitely complete now (still a few holes in 2006-2008 but at least we have them in German thanks to rsclassics) These holes are under "Episode missing list 2005-2009" but I haven't updated it since May 2021, maybe some were added in the meantime.

I'll try to make another list for 2000-2005. I'll name it "Episodes missing list 2000-2005" and list these episodes with the dates.  I'll specify if we already have the episode in German. For the dates it shouldn't be a problem. There were some shifts between numbers and dates in the 1990s' but it isn't the case from 1997. The blog reichundschoen, IMDB and Socpcentral all have the correct dates.

Check the "2000s" folder in the coming days. I'll try to add that list in the course of the week if I have time.

• Members

Nah, it was just lazy writing and did not fit in. It COULD have made sense IF Sheila were having troubles with Eric over having a baby of their own (at this point already) or IF she were having issues with Brooke.

Speaking of Sheila: I've reached #1604 - aka. the fight for BeLieF is (almost) over. After ca. two months of backburner status, Sheila is back with full force. Concerned over Eric's health and/or the possibility to losing her newfound wealth (take your pick!), Sheila resorts to her scheming ways. When teaming up with Stephanie falls flat, Sheila realizes that she has to bond further with Brooke. They were somewhat friends before - even though mostly due to lack of other friends in town and bonding over their hatred towards Stephanie. This time around: Sheila clearly has an agenda and it is delicious: getting as close as possible to Brooke to protect Eric's interests (which Stephanie failed!!!) and maybe build a safety net of her own. At the same time, Sheila tries to promote herself to Stephanie, Eric and Ridge as their best chance to save Forrester Creations from falling into Brooke's arms. Naturally, the Forresters do not trust Nurse Sheila for their business problems - but Stephanie - thinking that she sees a scheming pro at work - grows suspicious like she did the year before that Sheila is not just an innocent nurse. 

As for the battle for BeLieF: I had totally forgotten that it was Connor's idea for Brooke to demand majority control of FC. Brooke was totally blindsided when he brought it up - yet kept a straight face not to weaken her case. The dialogue is just GREAT in all scenes of this storyline. The business aspects (lack of liquid funds, residuals, selling the patent to a third party) make a lot of sense and add an extra lawyer to all these not sooo professional motivation like Brooke's vendetta against Stephanie. This almost 30 year old storyline is still killing it on all levels. What a treat!

PS: in the totally unrelated "A" story of Macy's alcoholism, Kevin somewhat tried to play matchmaker for Sly and Darla. Based on her reaction, the "C" story of Spence&Darla is officially dead because there was no mention of it at all - and Bill Spencer has not been seen in a long time... 

Edited by sheilaforever

• Members

What it comes to old additions there’s one person who has or at least has had all the episodes of the show. He’s name is Tom Erik Hansen and he lives in Norway. He had at least two soap themed Youtube channels over the years. He has also public Instagram profile. Maybe someone who has some good skills might write to him and tell about the vault?

Other option is one Dale but I have no contact info for him.

Edited by skebujebu

• Members

I’ve actually messaged with Tom before. We follow each other on Twitter and messaged on there, but he’s very secretive and protective for whatever reason about sharing his episodes. I did tell him about the vault as well but never got a direct answer from him. I know he has mostly every single Y&R episode from at least 1988 as well. 

• Members

I was wondering if anyone else of the "1993 watchers" has reached James Warwick's introduction storyline yet.

James Warwick really intrigues me because his storyline is such a refreshing change of pace for this soap - it plays out like a psychological whodunit, and he is an unreliable narrator who constantly keeps you guessing as to whether what he is saying is true, true on a metaphorical level, or not true at all. And some of the ”therapy” scenes are truly riveting and beautifully written, almost poetic. I especially liked the "guided imagery" dialogue.

I think the show did a good job portraying a man who is very intelligent and analytical, yet unable to cope with his own emotions and inner demons. There is this ambiguity about him where you don’t know if he’s a victim or a perpetrator until the very last moment. In a way, he is a more sophisticated version of Jake Maclaine (and the parallels between the two storylines are really very striking). James’s confrontation with his father in Scotland had me at the edge of my seat.

At the moment, I don't recall if James was ever this interesting again after he was "cured" of his psychological problems.

• Members

And a Simple Channel done by some Random Guy from God Knows where just did so much more Effort Than The Official Channel (they are posting episodes with Bobbie Eakes now, so why not include her?)

The Episodes in Portofino were Just Gorgeous, i Miss On Location Shootings, i wonder if Venice were as Beautiful, I've just seen the Brooke/Thorne Proposal, that was one of the most beautiful ever!

• Members

The clip of Thorne seeing Macy was actually in Venice.  Thorne was devastated after finding Ridge kissing Brooke in their bed.  It was a huge setup by Ridge and Eric to prevent Throne and Brooke from continuing as a couple.  Eric and Stephanie were at home.  She was recovering from her stroke and in a wheelchair.  This led to the quicky marriage of Thorne and Macy.  The other clip above is where Brooke had gone to visit Thorne for seduction and hid under his bed.  Macy came in the make love with Thorne and discovered Brooke.  The first part of the reveal is hilarious.  Wish I could post it.