B&B: Old/Classic Discussion & Articles

• Members

Makes no sense whatsoever. If anything, he wanted to rid of Aly he could've sent her to live with Thorne in Paris or at least sent her away to some psychiatric facility in Europe. As long as she was left alive. But nope! Let's kill off another generation of Forrester's. Not to mention I was hoping someone would inform her that her mother who she held so dear of being perfect was a ditzy woman who wasn't afraid of her sexuality. 

I wish Bold would feature more of their next generation that isn't Hope/Liam/Steffy/Insert fourth person.

Recast Zende with someone else. Bring back Little Deacon all grown up. RJ, Dino, Mary Warwick etc., it's no excuse for this show to be once again solely about Hope/Liam/Steffy.

Edited by Forever8

• Replies 6.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

These were the scenes I was talking about. The reason why I mentioned them is because they show the range that all three actresses possess, going to to toe.

They were well done but everyone is already showing them on social media and the scenes that seem to resonate the most in social media are the ones where Betty White is being portrayed as a force to be reckoned with. In a way, it seems to help people people in their grief, it feels like she is still very much with us on some level. 

• Members

R.I.P Betty White. I hope I can live as long as she did!  I watched so many Golden Girls episodes, Rose was my favorite. Ann Douglas was one of the most interesting character who appeared on B&B. She will be missed.

Happy new Year to all the angels on this thread and your families!

Please register in order to view this content

• Members

I finally made it to either Feb or March 1988 and I'm so confused about the Forrester daughters. Felicia I won't get into because she hasn't arrived and eventually got her due with Leslie Kay. Kristin, on the other hand, is a mystery to me. They've done a good job of developing the character and by now she has an interesting romance with Clarke, a fascinating relationship and backstory with Stephanie and she's designing at Forrester. How did she become such a forgotten character?! It amazes me to think Clarke had two kids, but none with the Forrester he was married to. That seems like such a missed opportunity. Then when you think of how long she was gone until Tracy Melchoir took over the role, which amounted to nothing. 

It's just odd. The show has had lots of Forresters throughout the years, but those two daughters really seem neglected, particularly Kristin. It's sad to think of what she became seeing how vibrant she was in these early episodes.

• Members

Since the official YT chanel is now up to season 2 may be they decided there is no need to keep them. With this speed they will be uploading season 3 and 4 by the end of the year. They are showing 3 episodes a day which is like 3 months for on month of showing....

Edited by Marquise

• Members

3 episodes for 365 days is like 1095 episodes a year, we have like 255 episodes a year of BB showing this means that by the end of 2022 they will be uploading 1992 if they continue to do it of course and next year the offical YT chanel will be ahead with 4 years or uploading 1996.... who knows what they will do. They can stop everything or start showing an episode a week.

Edited by Marquise

• Members

When did Bell Sr release control of the show, I got people on Twitter telling me he was in full control of the show all the way up to his death in 2005. No disrespect, but wasn't he battling complications of Alzheimer's in 2005?

• Members

TPTB have said they plan to upload them all, which is wonderful news! Especially because it won't take them long to overtake VL.

The only bummer is that most of the YT uploads are inferior quality to the ones in the Vault, however don't carry the Dutch subtitles. The YT versions also are generally in full from what I can see, whilst Amy's versions would often have 5 seconds missing at the start, music muted for copyright, and the end credits regularly altered/cut, possibly to bypass YT copyright. Of course, depending on what the Angels were able to rip in terms of quality, there can be a lot of variance in the quality of the uploads since Amy stopped at 750.

So we probably need to question whether we would rather maintain better quality episodes in the Vault, or inferior quality but at least complete (and without banners and subtitles)? It would free up some space (as long as you got rid of the originals) as the YT episodes are much, much smaller file sizes.

Food for thought!!

Edited by BoldKara

• Members

I agree, it would be wise to swap out episodes up to 750 with those on the YT channel. Amy’s episodes, whilst we greatly appreciated her efforts, had sync issues and music muted - most of the fashion show episodes are silenced.

I haven’t checked episodes 750-1000 in the vault, but I assume these are fine quality, albeit a screen recording rather than a backend rip? But I’m not sure. 

Videoland now only carry’s from episode 1001 (season 5). Most recent episode they have uploaded is 1436 from season 6.

Edited by AusBoldFan