Couples That SHOULD Have Been Supercouples

• Members

Preach it!!! I also started watching Y&R during a time Jack & Nikki were together and even if we all know Nikki will be stuck with Victor in the end I have been surprised they never really revisited that pairing and wondered why and whether it was some BTS politics or what.

I'm sure I'll think of more/better ones later but some couples that should/could have been supercouples on DAYS:

Philip (JKJ) and Chloe - As trite and as much of a "She's All That" rip-off as it was, I just loved their teen romance story of her going from awkward outsider "ghoul girl" to discovering her own beauty and self-worth and landing the hot stud rich guy in Philip. I hated the way that story wound up getting derailed to instead pair Chloe with Kyle Lowder's Brady and all their weird musical crap while Philip went kinda psycho on the way out the door. Then the show had a chance to redeem itself when both JKJ and Nadia returned to DAYS, but despite letting them hook up a few times and even conceiving a child together, the show never truly explored the potential of the coupling the way they could have.

Philip (JKJ) and Belle (MM) - Never really saw sparks between JKJ's Philip and Kirsten Storms' Belle in their teen days and HATED Kyle Brandt's Philip with Belle, but in 2007 starting weirdly enough after JKJ's Philip went psycho and tried to kidnap the kid he thought was his with Belle's but turned out not to be and following into their affair around the time of John's "death", I really started digging Philip and Belle. And with the reveal shortly after that making John Black a DiMera and the subsequent DiMera-Kiriakis war storyline that was told, the show really missed the boat in not tying in a Philip (Kiriakis) and Belle (DiMera) romance. Shawn D. and Belle being hurried off the canvas the way they were with all the changes in 2008 came at a really bad time, even if a year earlier I had been clamoring for them both to leave.

Philip and Stephanie - This pairing wasn't written particularly well but they were very pretty together and had good chemistry and I always thought they had a lot of potential given all the interesting history hanging over this couple (her grandma Caroline and Victor's illicit affair, her aunt Adrienne having troubles marrying into the Kiriakis family, her parents objections to her relationship given Patch and Kayla's bad experiences with Victor, etc... Unfortunately the show let their pet Molly Burnett (Melanie) get in the way of things and for some reason we were supposed to believe that Philip wanted to be with Melanie more than Stephanie? No way!

Nicholas Alamain (Victor Webster) and Kate - Those two were sizzling and you had the Kate-Vivian rivalry to play into it as well but the show seemed to abandon that one pretty quick.

EJ and Sami - The early writing for these two as flirty friends was soapy goodness with EJ as her partner in crime setting himself up to help Sami pick up the pieces when she was exposed for lying and scheming to keep Austin and Carrie apart. Even if EJ was obviously eventually going to be revealed a DiMera that only made the pairing more interesting in the idea of a daughter of Marlena falling for a son of Stefano. Also from what I have heard he wasn't originally supposed to be the uberbaddie "black glove" person and it seemed like EJ and Sami were going to be set up for some good stuff with Sami's family essentially disowning her and her saying she was sick of their hypocrisy and Lucas just as against Sami as Austin was after her blackmailing of Lexie was revealed. It really felt like maybe Sami could grow into a real mature sexy villainess of the show at that point in fall of 2006. Instead, Hogan Sheffer arrived and we got treated to him crapping all over the EJ and Sami buildup by having Lucas out of nowhere decide he wanted to win Sami back, which he accomplished oh-so-romantically by putting limburger cheese in EJ's sports car, dropping stink bombs in his apartment and calling up a hooker to come to EJ's place in the middle of an EJ and Sami date. They also introduced EJ having an affair with Kate out of nowhere around this time when he had been all about Sami previously. And of course there was all that came after in terms of the rape to save Lucas's life that would poison the well for not just EJami but also Lumi through the show's attempt to make Sami into some Marlenaesque damsel in distress heroine to her family that just set the character of Sami Brady on a path to ruination that continues to this day.

Nick Fallon and Chelsea Brady - These two started out well but sure went wrong in a hurry. I loved the cute nerd crushing on the sassy stuck-up beyotch dynamic of these two at first and of course you had the classic DAYS intermingling of the families with him a Horton and she a Brady-Kiriakis. But then when they had Nick lose his virginity to Chelsea's mom that just ruined the pairing and for no good reason because it made Billie look super pathetic too and I'm pretty sure that was the last time she got laid on the show actually. It just made no sense to me why that happened that way when Nick was clearly such a pet project of Sheffer's.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Maggie Horton and Don Craig on Days of our Lives.

Jake and Judi Evans' Paulina on AW (sorry, juniorz1, Cali Timmins bored me to tears). Jake and Paulina were the best AW couple since Sally and Catlin, but TPTB preferred Jake and Vicky, for some reason.

• Members

ATWT Isaac/Bonnie, Ben/Camille, Jessica/Marshall, Hal/Margo

B&B THORNE/BROOKE, Nick/Felicia, CJ/BECKY, Massimo/Sally

Y&R Brad/Victoria (HT), Michael/Victoria (HT), Jill/Ryan, Paul/Maggie, Jill/Ji Min, John/Mamie, SamuraiChemist/Diane, Jack/Olivia, Nikki/Bobby, Adam/Heather, Victor/Jill, Nina/Chase, Raul/Brittany, Colleen/Adrian, Devon/Roxy, Chance/Chloe, Jack/Lauren

AMC TAD/SIMONE, Palmer/Vanessa, Reggie/Danielle, Frankie/Randi, Brot/Natalia, JR/Annie, Adam/Annie, Opal/Ryan

PC Jamal/Alison, Jamal/Marissa, Chris/Eve, Chris/Gabi

OLTL Kish, Kevin/Rachel, Cassie/Andrew, RJ/Tea, Hank/Sheila, Asa/Alex, Max/Roxy, Al/Marcie, Natalie/Cristian, Layla/Cristian, Greg/Rachel, Sky/Rachel, Clint/Kim, John/Tea, Jared/Natalie

GH Jax/Skye, AJ/Courtney

• Members

YES! I was just going to say that. They had so much potential; though they weren't a "typical" soap couple, which I liked.

David and Erica, if AMC had given them one more year...this totally could have been PV's Power Couple:

2cglcvm.jpg

GH totally dropped the ball with Ric and Alexis.

• Members

LMAO, Deeedee, I love how you preface it with Heather Tom :lol:

I will never understand why they ended them prematurely just to have her chase after Ryan, and she STILL lost out to Greenlee. They made Kendall such a loser when she could have been riding on top with Aidan. Then to add insult to injury, they go and hire another dark handsom brit in the form of Ethan to pair her up with. What they did with these two at the end, turning Aidan psycho, kidnapping and threatening to kill her family was one of the worst forms of character assasination Ive seen on a soap.

• Members

AMC

Kendall/JR

Annie/Aidan

Greenlee/Aidan

Madison/Ryan

Madison/Frankie

Erica/David

Liza/David

Babe/Josh

Natalia/Brot

Krystal/Adam

GH

Carly/Johnny

Brooke Lynn/Johnny

Lisa/Johnny

Olivia/Sonny

Claudia/Sonny

Claudia/Ric

Maya/Ethan

Claire/Lucky

DAYS

Nicole/Rafe

EJ/Arianna

Hope/Patrick

Belle/Philip

Chloe/Shawn

Lexie/Nathan

Sami/Brandon

OLTL

Cris/Layla

Brody/Gnat

John/Marty

John/Kelly

Kyle/Fish

Langston/Ford

• Members

You're right about Holden/Molly---at least at the end. (Ditto on her stealing that emmy in '01, but I digress....) I really thought it stunk that TIIC didn't have the balls to stick with the strong relationship they'd built in favor of the dead "supercouple" Lilden. Lilden wasn't Lilden after Byrne left. And they still spent two years ruining at least three characters (Damian, Carly and Molly) to try and resuscitate a pairing that had really died almost ten years before. (Or at least six, when Rose was created and Lily suddenly became "Dear Abby".)

That said, I ought to slap you for Mike/Carly. Especially for pimping Collier. Good God, that brain-dead six-pack probably would have cost Maura her emmys. (And before you protest, I point out KKL has none acting with Moss for so long.)

Hal/Margo? NO. HELL NO.

Mike and Meg? Only with the last recast. Marie Wilson would have towered over The Shrimp.

Now...my picks.

ATWT...

Craig & Iva--they did have a relationship, but he was continually stuck on Sierra

Holden & Emily (Melanie Smith)

Emily & Issac--I can't remember how/why they were interacting, but there was definite chemistry going on...which would have EXPLODED had they added Molly to the mix after Jake's death.

Will and Alison. I didn't even like Jessie Dunphy that much, but it would have driven Barbara nuts and made great story, playing into the show's history having Babs and Em's bio-children in love.

GL...

A-M & Gilly

Danny & Cassie

Rick & Cassie

Bill & Blake

B&B...

Felicia & Nick---how hot would LK be with ANYONE?

Brooke & James

• Members

I loved Brooke and James. I think that relationship ending for more Brooke/Ridge was when I really gave up on B&B.

Margo and Hal under HBS and Ben Hendrickson had incredible chemistry - I loved their scenes at the very end of her run when they went to see his father. I never saw as much with Hillary and Scott Holmes (Ellen and Scott were very good, IMO, before they lost all energy and life and vocal control).

Archived