Couples That SHOULD Have Been Supercouples

• Members

The "Boring" Supercouple thread got me thinking about just the opposite- couples that were electrifying and enthralled you, but the show they were on didn't have quite the same interest in them as the viewers. It could be couples that were teased but never happened or couples who existed, but the show spent all its time focusing on their most popular stars while they were left in the background. Here's some I came up with:

The Young and the Restless

Brad & Ashley (Diamont and Epperson, OF COURSE)- They had everything it took to be THE couple on Y&R, yet the show never capitalized on the chemistry between the actors. Why they didn't I'll never understand. IMO, Diamont & Epperson were the biggest missed opportunity on Y&R of all-time.

Brad & Sharon- see above

Jack & Nikki- Unfortunately, Y&R always knew that Victor/Nikki were endgame, but when I started watching, Jack & Nikki were married and I just LOVED them together. Bergman & MTS really brought the best out in each other.

Malcolm & Phyllis (Shemar & Stafford of course)

Malcolm & Drucilla

Neil & Olivia

John & Mamie

Paul & Lynne

Days of our Lives

Mike & Robin

Jack & Kate (Ashford & Adair)

The Bold & the Beautiful

Thorne & Brooke- Yes, the show went there for a little while, but it didn't last nearly as long as it should have and Bradley foolishly never revisited them. Why they decided to make Brooke obsessed with Ridge again...overnight.....for no reason.......is beyond me! Thorne & Brooke were amazing- Winsor & KKL had a once in a lifetime kind of chemistry that neither has ever shared with any other actor they've been paired with on the show.

Connor & Brooke- Could have been THE power couple of B&B in the early 90s. B&B gave up on them too soon. Yes, at the time, I did LOVE me some Ridge & Brooke, but since he was constantly choosing Taylor, the show would have been better served to leave her with Connor for a while longer.

Another World

Jake & Cali Timmins' Paulina

Mitch & Felicia- PERFECT together and could have gone on forever....

Evan & Vicky- Charles Grant & Anne Heche of course

Matt & Lorna

I'm sure I'll think of more soon enough, but I want to get this posted so I can start reading all of YOUR thoughts! :P

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Sunset Beach

Tim & Annie- MAN, did they sizzle or WHAT? Why the hell weren't they endgame in the Annie/Ben/Meg/Tim quad?

Cole & Olivia

AJ & Bette- Could have been fun- they had potential IMO.

Cole & Francesca- LOVED me some Francesca Vargas aka the original Skye Newman

All My Children

Jake & Liza (Lowry & Walker, of course)

David & Liza

Zach & Maria- aka Zacharia

JR & Kendall

Anyone & Di- I just loved me some Kelli Giddish & Di. Too bad the show ended up bringing back God-AWFUL Cady McClain as Dixie. Even though I still don't think Di should or would have been Dixie, I think Giddish would have had a much better shot at becoming an integrated character had wishy-washy Cady not come back to the show.

Edmund & Brooke- They got shafted by Maria. TWICE! UGH! LOVED them together.

Loving

Jack & Lily (Perry Stephens & Britt Helfer)

Trucker & Ava (Lisa Peluso's version)- betcha they would have sizzled together

As The World Turns

HOLDEN & MOLLY- I SO wanted them to end up together in the end. Hensley & Kay were dynamite together in the last year. I had never really liked Lesli Kay or Molly before (thought she was overrated and I was PISSED when she stole the Supporting Actress award from Maura, though it later rectified itself)

Mike & Carly (Shawn Christian of course, and to a lesser degree, Mark Collier)

Jake & Lucinda

Simon & Lucinda

Damien & Lily

Luke & Kevin

Reid & Noah (ducks!- I'm joking anyway.....well, half joking....)

Mike & Henry

Paul & Emily- Sure, the show did FINALLY make them a couple, but whenever they were together, they were either A) Portrayed as an unhealthy relationship or B ) Wallpaper (the last year and a half or so)

Hal & Margo- Belonged together. Period. Sorry Tom & Margo fans. And soapsuds is right- had Gregg Marx stayed, they should have swapped partners

Anyone & Susan- My poor, tortured Susan never got her happy ending, nor a real storyline at the end of the show like Hubbard, Zenk, and to a lesser degree, Hays did

Mike & Meg- I always thought they would have made an interesting pair. Would have LOVED to see Meg vs Katie! Can't wait to see what PJ has to say about that potential coupling of mine.... :lol::P

• Members

GL

Gilly and Alan Michael

DAYS

Val and David. I haven't actually seen them, for all I know they sucked, but come on, this could have been explosive drama for years and years.

AW

Vicky (Anne Heche) and Evan Frame. They were so phenomenal together, I can't describe it.

And most of all...Jack Finelli and Siobhan Ryan on Ryan's Hope! Their scenes were everything a soap is supposed to be. Pure fire and heartbreak.

• Members

AMC

David and Anna

I actually liked Zach and Dixie, as well as Zach and Maria.

Adrian and Dixie had a few very weird scenes in the late '90s which seemed like a chemistry test. That was hot.

Cliff and Angie

Sam and Lily

Damon and Liza

GH

Carly and Lorenzo Alcazar, the mobster who wanted to go back to being a history professor - Incredible.

Luke and Alexis

AJ and Carly

Jason and Brenda - Years ago, not now. Ugh, no.

Stefan and Bobbie - They should've gone on forever

Nikolas and Gia

OLTL

Antonio and Talia. Loved them.

Max and Nora, as well as RJ and Nora - both very interesting, strange, subtle relationships.

Schuyler and Rachel.

Brody and Marty.

John and Tea.

Cristian and Layla.

Al and Natalie.

Kevin and Marty.

Al and Jessica.

Joey and Marcie.

Max and Roxy.

RJ and Tea.

Dorian and Cutter - they could've done an utterly different May-December romance, since she's had so many.

I think Clint and Kim could've gone on forever as well. Same with Kish. I also had a real soft spot for comic couple Miles and Roxy, which I think ABC killed during the strike.

• Members

I have to add Dorian/Joey. If Fillion had stayed in the role, but even without him, potentially (I thought Robin had potential with Bruce Michael Hall). The idea of Dorian falling for this younger man who worships her and is her dupe should have been poetic justice, but instead it turned into pathos and romance at its best. The scene where Dorian has set Viki up to walk in on them and Joey says, "I'm going to make the world see you through my eyes," or whatever, and Dorian is swept away by just how devoted he is to her...it's so incredibly touching.

This was the only major relationship Dorian has had since Herb which I really connected with, to the point where, when they had to do the inevitable stuff of Joey moving on and Dorian being petty and scheming, it left a very sour taste and compromised all the characters involved.

I think what I love most about the Joey/Dorian relationship is the intense connection that you can't predict, how they both helped each other grow as people, and the limitless potential behind it. Far more than years of Dorian's a self-destructive shrew/Joey is a dumbass.

• Members

One of my older relatives, who is not a big anti-gay voice but is one of those people who recoils when she sees same-sex couples kissing or hugging, really liked Kyle and Fish, and watched all of their scenes, even the love scene. Anecdotal evidence sucks, but I honestly think that they had the potential to change a lot of hearts and minds.

Oh and I loved Max and Roxy. They were, along with Cris and Natalie, one of the first soap couples I had cared about in years and years. I miss them.

• Members

More from Ryan's Hope:

Pat/Delia - Ilene and Malcolm Groome had fantastic chemistry which was displayed in a variety of tender, funny, emotional, and sexy scenes. They could have driven story for years and years. Instead this was thrown away because of the show's obsession with the depressing and hollow "love story" of Pat and Faith. This provided about a year of material, mostly because of Catherine Hicks, and promptly died when she left, permanently damaging the character of Pat.

Barry/Delia - Richard Backus and Randall Edwards were really great together and it was a way to (finally!) move Delia into other storylines. Good luck with that.

Michael/Delia - I loathed Michael but he had incredible chemistry with Delia. Their disco dance (to "Hot Lunch") on New Year's Eve 1980 is one of my very favorite soap moments.

Joe/Delia - Roscoe Born slept through most of his scenes with Barbie Cold In Nose doll Ann Gillespie, but came alive with Randall (on and offscreen), managing to make an offputting storyline (Joe taking Delia's restaurant and making her his flunky) palatable and at times even charming.

All this sacrificed for year after year of Roger "loving" Delia by telling her how stupid she was and lording over her. Yay.

• Members

Heather and Adam from Y&R. So much potential, they were ultra hot. But then they ruined that, and later recast both characters.

They could have had Heather stay working at Jabot, be at odds with Victor and dating Adam... maybe they could have used that illness that they came up for her and eventually have her die from it - then maybe Adam could avenge her death or take a turn into the darkness... instead, it was all plot, plot, plot... Ugh. So much potential.

• Members

AMC

Josh and Babe - I loved them together and felt they had alot of potential. Too bad all it amounted to was an affair with them never becoming an actual couple

David and Liza - WTF? They are finally together yet its only as f--k buddies with no story to tie them together. The show really has mishandled them

GH:

Jax and Skye - LOVED this couple and felt they could have been one, had they not been KO'd by Brenda's return

Sonny and Kate - She's like the only woman I loved Sonny with in a long time. It seemed like the writers lost investment in them the second Sarah Brown returned and the intro of Olivia (which caused a rewrite in their backstory) solified the end of them.

B&B:

Amber and CJ - They were perfect after Becky died. Unfortunately he's not a Forrester, so he got pushed aside for Rick

OLTL:

Kevin and Cassie. They could have been had not been for JFP's stupid intervention

Jared and Natalie: He should have never been killed off. Im still pissed they never got a real wedding. What the show gave them was awful

Archived