Couples That SHOULD Have Been Supercouples

• Members

Speaking of which, your avatar reminds me of another one. Lily with Jonathan. Lily could do no wrong before him but I detested that she got with the killer of Sam's father. I liked her relationship with him, so for her to marry, "love" and defend Edmund's killer was like an ultimate betrayal. I hated how the show used her to prop him up and let us know that he was alright bc she said so. I found it a bit offensive that they only put them together bc he was written as mentally challenged and she was autistic. Jon should have stayed dead and that brain tumor story should have never happened. All the crap that came out of Lily's mouth made me want to smack her. I had to hate her simply bc of who she chose to associate herself with

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

So you mean it's Lily/Sam for this thread and Lily/Jonathan for the hate thread? For a second, I was about to ask you how in the world Lily/Jon could be defended LOL Any time Lily said "They cut the bad part out" I wanted to smack her.

But yeah I totally agree. Lily/Sam was a great couple, and I loved Bobby Steggert. After Maria and Maddie left, I was ready for Sam to get closer to his biological roots while having the romance with Lily. It would have been something totally new and different, and very interesting if they did it correctly. I was pissed at AMC for not following through with that story and then a year later they squandered the enormous potential of the Zarf/Zoe story.

• Members

Count me as another who preferred Margo/Hal to Margo/Tom. I loved Hillary with Gregg Marx's Tom, but once Scott Holmes arrived, there was no chemistry at all. HBS and BH just seemed to work SO well together. Once Ellen Dolan arrived, Marg

o and Hal became strictly friends.

Henry Coleman and Mitzi Matters would have been a fun couple, although I agree that Henry had the most chemistry with whoever Katie was dating at the time.

I remember a few times that ATWT tested the waters slightly to see if there were any sparks. Martha's Lily and Shawn C's Mike were paired for a nano-second, as were Julia Lindsay and Jake McKinnon.

As for Mike and Jennifer, I liked the couple, but they were sacrificed at the altar of St. Katie. I'll never forget the episode where Mike learned that Jennifer (his ex-wife!) had died. He quickly ran out of the room, saying he had "something to do". I thought the next scene would be Mike at Jen's grave, apologizing for cheating on her while they were married, or possibly showing up at Barbara's to offer condolences. But no! The "something he had to do" was go buy a present for Katie. I almost puked.

• Members

The Katie-propping was obscene. I don't think I can ever forgive Nancy's memorial episode closing on Katie's pain. Katie who?

The Mike/Lily stuff seemed to go on for 4-5 months...if Shawn Christian hadn't decided to leave then I wonder if they would have gone for it, or if they just preferred asking Jon Hensley back.

Jake/Julia went on for about 3-4 months, before they committed more to Jake/Molly and they had the sick stories about crazy Julia.

• Members

Word times three.

Ryan & Felicia (GH) - They should have never gone the psycho killer route with him and stuck her in a snoozefest with Mac. Jon L. and Kristina W. had great chemistry.

Gabe & Lorna (AW) - Both sweet and sizzling. Victims of the bloodbath towards the end of the show's run, especially Gabe, since we got "treated" to him lying on the table with his guts splayed open. Again, JB and RC had fantastic chemistry.

• Members

O...M...G....remember when Jen walked in on them, freshly fucked, and they proceeded to try and "calm her down" and Katie went on and on about how she wanted to be her "friend"??

Like stalking them, ratting Jen's every move to Craig, marrying Henry to try and get Mike's attention and then inserting herself as a go-between for Craig wasn't proof enough she was simply circling Mike like a shark.

The only thing more disgusting was when she cheated on Mike, intended to leave him for Simon, and then went BSC persecuting Simon for that stupid diamond theft for no other reason than she refused to blame herself for her infidelity.

ETA: I'd forgotten about Maddie/Noah. They had a lot more chemistry than Nuke, but since Nuke was anointed before JS even began taping, there was no chance for them.

And I wish we'd gotten more Maddie/Casey. They always seemed like an afterthought, in the shadow of the "number one" couple, Willen.

• Members

Sorry but just....no. I never liked Gabe and frankly, Robin Christopher was never gonna work as Lorna, as Alicia Coppola put an indelible mark on that role. She's one of few actresses who are unrecastable IMO. Coppola and Lorna were the perfect combination of actress and character, much like Anne Heche and Vicky.

• Members

WOW! To each his own is right! You're one of the few people I've come across who didn't LOVE Anne as Vicky. I always like AW, but it was 3rd tier to DAYS and SB. But when Anne came on as Vicky is when I really started paying attention. I always thought and still think that she's AMAZING!

Since you didn't like Anne, I'm guessing you didn't like Alicia Coppola either?

• Members

I was never a fan of either the Marley or Vicky characters so I was never enamored of anybody who played them. I never cared about any of them. And I couldn't stand Jake, so all the more reason for me not wanting to watch their storylines.

I didn't see much of Alicia's time on the show, so I can't really judge the different Lornas against each other. I liked Robin on her own, as opposed to in comparison to someone else and I liked her chemistry with John Bolger. I had hoped when JB and RC were on OLTL, they would attempt to reunite the actors but they ended up putting him with Linda Dano, funnily enough.

Archived