Couples That SHOULD Have Been Supercouples

• Members

YES! I loved this couple.

Nathan as in Nathan Horton (Mark Hapka) or some other Nathan? I always thought Renee Jones could have steamed it up in another coupling beside Abe and Lexie, possibly with Shawn Christian's Daniel, but I never remember sparks from any shared scenes between Lexie and Nathan.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I like HBS...I just don't think she has chemistry with her male costars. There was something definitely anti-chemistry about her pairing with Scott Holmes. And I loved the Hal/Margo friendship so much, it would have been ruined by anything "romantic".

• Members

I don't think Hal/Margo ever would have worked as a long-term couple but there was something with Hillary and Ben in the roles that blurred the line. There is a beautiful scene towards the end of her run where Craig asks her if she can understand what it's like to love two people at the same time. Margo doesn't say that much, but she clearly does, and has for some years.

With Ellen and Ben it was always much more clearly friendship.

I wish we could have seen more of Maura with Shawn Christian's Mike. At the time I thought they had strong chemistry, heat, but I also loathed Rosanna. If Rosanna had not been around I'm not sure how I would have felt.

I also really, really, really, really, really wish Andrew and Megan could have been a couple on OLTL.

• Members

On Days, any combination of Brandon and Lexie or Brandon and Sami. He was HOT with both women. I thought there was serious potential in Days going the supercouple route with either one.

Ditto on Austin and Greta. They had the makings of a classic love story. She played such a great and genuine heroine and he was the white knight type. The show should have never ended them. I kinda felt the same way about Greta with Eric

I also think EJ and Nicole have potential. Not so much bc of the writing bc of the hot sizzling chemistry between Ari and James Scott

• Members

The first one isn't "supercouple", but...

I haven't seen them in a long time but when I first started watching ATWT, I was hooked on Linc and Lily (Heather's Lily). That I still remember them all these years later makes me wish the show had tried with them, instead of putting her back with Holden (no chemistry!).

I also think, if Paolo Seganti had stayed, Lily and Damian could have been a huge, complex, long-running couple on ATWT. IMO Martha had more chemistry with Paolo from 93-95 than she had with Jon from 85-08.

And finally, I know how popular Craig and Sierra were, and I like them too, but Scott Bryce and Liz Hubbard were pure fire and I would have killed to have seen them paired together, officially. Remember that scene where they almost had sex in the stables?

• Members

None of these would have been "supercouples," but I think they deserved more from TPTB...

AMC

Adam/Mary

Reggie/Danielle

Reggie/Joni

Jamie/Maggie

Bianca/Zoe

Ethan/Simone

Aidan/Erin

Krystal/David

Sean/Colby

Damon/Liza

OLTL

Jared/Natalie

Kyle/Oliver

Cristian/Layla

Langston/Markko (don't really care that they're together now -- the Ford stuff ruined them)

Matthew/Destiny

ATWT

Jade/Will (I wanted a colossal Gwen/Will/Jade/Aaron/Alison/Dallas thing)

Casey/Emily

Katie/Jack (hate me, don't care)

Mike/Jennifer

Luke/Reid

Maddie/Noah (a recast Noah is flattered by Luke's crush but turns him down)

Aaron/Alison (IDK if they really belong here -- the show seemed to have confidence in them the first go-round)

• Members

B&B:

Deacon & Felicia

Nick & Felicia (LK)

Ridge & Karen (Caroline's twin)

Brooke & Whip

Deacon & Macy

Amber & Thomas

Y&R:

Jack & Diane (SW)

DAYS:

Austin & Nicole

GH:

Layla & Patrick

Johnny & Lulu

Jerry & Alexis

SB:

Mason & Santana (back in the beginning)

4.jpg

• Members

Deacon and Macy :wub: It sucks that Bobbie Eakes left within a year of her return bc those two had powercouple potential. They were unexpected yet soooo good together. I loved them taking on Brooke and Amber as they were a force to be reckoned with. Such wasted potential

• Members

Sigh...I loved them.

Yep, although judging from that other thread I'm just gonna call them a supercouple anyway since the term seems to be applicable to just about anyone.

I always thought Bridget and Deacon (B&B) could've been a lot more.

JT and Brittany (Y&R)

• Members

Brooke & Tad AMC

Brooke & Edmund AMC

Morgan & Lorna AW

Marley & Dennis AW

Mike & Jennifer ATWT (never liked Mike and Katie)

Brooke & Thorne BB

Brooke & Whip BB

AJ & Keesha GH

Jason ^ Keesha GH

AM & Gilly GL

Bridget & Dylan GL

Dorian & Joey OLTL

Cristian & Evangeline (the only time I saw Fumero com e alive was opposite REG and YEAH u could tell he wasnt into the Cris/Layla pairing)

• Members

Oh GOD no! I hated Brooke & James- SO BORING! He had much more chemistry with Hunter Tylo IMO. My FAVORITE part of the James/Brooke story was that Ridge was FINALLY the one to pursue Brooke and at that point, Moss/Lang were still smokin hot! That steam room scene where Ridge seduces her was FIRE! Plus that led to Ridge & Brooke's 1st wedding on the beach, one of the most beautiful and underrated soap weddings of all-time. Too bad it wasn't legal.

Hell to the yes! Matt Cedeno had FIRE chemistry with both actresses, especially Renee Jones! Remember all of Jones's moaning in their love scene? I LOVE that Lexie moans like crazy with whomever she cheats on Abe with- whether it be in fantasy or reality. She moaned with Jonah, Brandon, and Tek.

But for the long-term, Brandon/Sami has SO MUCH potential. IMO, he was her best pairing of all time and was the most suitable match for Sweeney.

YES! I LOVED Jade with Will and was hoping the show would do a full fledged Gwen/Will/Jade triangle. Gwen was wearing thin by that time, as the producers had pimped the hell out of her.

Eww, hell to the No. I HATED them together, though then again, I'm one of the biggest Matie fans EVER. But I preferred Jenn with Dusty regardless...

• Members

Total agreement. Gwen got too boring too fast. She was always on the dull side from the very beginning, but once they were married, all the life was drained out of her. Jade should have exploited this instead of just relying on blackmail and fake pregnancy. As much as I loved them in the beginning, Will and Gwen turned out to be boring as all hell. Even their return engagement last year was nothing to get too excited for.

Tekxie was HOT. Lexie is too good because I would dumped Abe's ass long ago. Melaswen would have been the end of the marriage.

Archived