OLTL: Actress returning

• Members

http://abc.soapsindepth.com/2011/06/is-amanda-returning-for-clint.html

A spokesperson for ONE LIFE TO LIVE confirms that Amanda Setton will be reprising the role of Kim; an air date, however, is not yet available. The GOSSIP GIRL joined the soap in 2009 as a stripper friend of Stacy Morasco's before becoming Clint's trophy wife. Setton last aired in April 2010 when David blackmailed Kim into leaving town... and Clint.

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I liked Kim, but I'm concerned as to why they felt the need to bring her back. She's just not that important to the fabric of the show, and for me, that ship sailed. While I think it's great that characters are coming back (like Kim and the rumored Marko & Langston), it's the legacy characters - like Tina (you hear that, Frank & Ron, TINA!), Kevin, Cord - and even Fillion's Joey down the road - that TPTB need to focus their energy.

It's also a given that they're throwing her right back into Clint's orbit... which, while amusing, is detrimental to his character. It did not play like an even relationship, it played like an older man's need for vitalitiy and validation - and that is not Clint. I'd rather see any attempt by Kim to put herself back at Clint's side rebuffed by a man who knows she wasn't right for him. I don't want them "together" in even the most remote sense - especially as we approach the home-stretch of OLTL. Endgame should be Viki and Clint, and hopefully whatever he experiences with Kim will be an obstacle / bump in the road on the way to that.

ETA: I just thought of something... maybe she's for Rex! :lol:

• Members

Aren't Kim and Clint still married? I thought she was just run out of town but they never actually got divorced. Maybe she is back for that divorce so Clint can then remarry Viki.

I like Amanda Setton and if it's for an ep or two i'm all for it. I agree though, of all people why her?

• Members

From the other thread: As much as I'd love Clint and Kim to reunite - they're so much more interesting than Viki and Clint - I can understand reuniting Viki and Clint for the wrap of the show now that Charlie's gone (snif). I suspect she is in to close Kim's story with Clint, and that makes me happy. I'll take what I can get. Adore her.

• Members

Yay! I was so upset when she left, and I want to know what secret David had on her. Maybe it involves Cutter and Aubrey like it was speculated in the other thread. This makes me really happy I hated how Clint and Kim ended.

• Members

From ABC.com

One Life to Live: Looks like Clint Buchanan has one more reason to survive his heart transplant: Amanda Setton is returning to Llanview as Kimberly Andrews. Kim and Clint looked like they were going to defy the odds and make their gold-digger/sugar-daddy relationship really work back in early 2010 ... before Kim was blackmailed out of town by David Vickers.

"I am thrilled to be returning to One Life to Live," said Setton. "I had such a great time working with everyone at OLTL and I am looking forward to the trouble that Kim will get into once she is back in town."

Look for Kim to return -- for revenge? for love? -- in August!

• Members

I hope they won't reunite Clint and Viki. It would ring very hollow, as this is no Clint I, or Viki, ever knew, and the show has also retroactively trashed their marriage by saying they knew nothing about Jessica being molested. It's not like they have any real family to reunite for either. I would rather see Viki with someone new, or no one at all.

Clint and Kim had great chemistry, and that was where Setton was at her best, by far.

Hopefully they aren't bringing her on to give Rex a story. JPL was at his all time worst during the Stacey saga and he's not much better now.

This is starting to remind me of ATWT's last year. Goutman only wanted to bring back characters he'd worked on and made a lot of effort with. The only other return was because one of the show's leading actresses did all the legwork herself and got them to agree.

Archived