Old soap characters you wish you could see

• Members

I really want to see Lahoma. I think she may have been in the wedding episode but that's all I remember of her, if even that.

I'd like to see Beverlee McKinsey's appearances as Emma Ordway on AW.

Diana van der Vlis and James Mitchell on Where the Heart Is

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

OLTL - I would have liked to have seen the living Joe Riley. I only ever saw him in a few flashbacks and when Viki went to Heaven. I was watching when Lee P. was playing his twin but I would have liked to have seen the Joe/Viki relationship happen.

EON - since I only saw the last few years of it, I would love to see earlier years and characters/actors that were long gone by then...like Anthony Call, Larry Hagman. Pretty much the whole kit n kaboodle before 1979-1980.

• Members

I'd kill to see some of Bruce's family from Love of Life. His daughter Barbara, son (not really his) Alan, and parents-in-law Vivian and Henry Carlson. Also, Van and Meg's mother Sarah. And, well, Audrey Peters as Van. AFAIK, Peggy McCay is the only Van you can find online.

• Members

As AW is my all-time fave, I agree that watching the triangle of Robin Strasser/George Reinholt/Jacqueline Courtney would be a blast since it had such a great reputation of bringing in fans to the show (and I love Robin Strasser).

I wish I could check out early Edge of Night eps because I've always read how different it was with crime stories.

I was watching Dark Shadows for a while on YouTube and was loving it! But then they took it down. Wish I could have watched the whole series through.

• Members

AW: Another vote for the Jacqui Courtney/George Reinholt/Robin Strasser torrid triangle of Alice/Steve/Rachel. I remember seeing a little bit of Audra Lindley as Liz Matthews...the mother-in-law from hell. Does anyone remember a great villain on the show named Danny Fargo?

Edge of Night: So many great early characters! Dr. Jim Fields! Cookie Capice! Orrin Hillyer! Martha Marceau! But my all-time favorite was wacko/psycho Stephanie Martin who had half the town as suspects when she was finally killed. Poor Nicole Travis took the rap.

Dark Shadows: I started watching when Victoria Winters travelled into the past, and the Barnabas Collins craze began. But I've since learned that there were several mystical plots prior. I've heard of Laura the Phoenix, but have never seen anys episodes.

Peyton Place: Rodney and Allison

• Members

Denise Alexander as Susan Hunter on DAYS

Marla Adams as Belle on SECRET STORM

All the people from Y&R's first era; I've watched clips, but I'd love to see more of the Foster and the Brooks families.

AW's Pat Randolph and more of 70's Steve/Alice/Rachel/Russ

ATWT Grant & Joyce; Natalie; Dan Stewart; Valerie Conway

GH Teri Webber

GL Leslie Bauer; Charlotte Bauer; more of Rita Stapleton

• Members

As a classic movie fan I'd love to see

Ann Sheridan on AW

Anne Revere on SFT

Gale Sondergard and Geraldine Fitzgerald on BOE

Also,

Joan Copeland as Andrea on SFT

Early Morgan Fairchild on SFt

James Earl Jones,Ruby Dee,Billy Dee Williams and Cicely Tyson on ATWT and GL

Robin Strasser on SS

• Members

I was fortunate to have seen the 70s greats (and some of the 60s) so I have to go back further. I would like to see:

ATWT: Penny & Jeff; Aunt Edie

Secret Storm: Aunt Pauline

Another World: Bill Matthews & Missy Palmer

Love of Life: Peggy McCay's version of Vanessa Dale

Search for Tomorrow: Would like to have seen the young Joanna Tate, her romance with Arthur Tate, & her daughter Patti as a child

Edge of Night: John Larkin's version of Mike Karr and Sarah Lane Karr (Teal Ames)

Archived