Old soap characters you wish you could see

• Members

I don't mean wanting to see Myrtle Fargate or Eugene and Calliope or Bert Bauer. I mean people who are in eras of soaps that are basically pretty much gone, destroyed or left sitting somewhere, and whom you have only read about.

A few of my choices:

Edith Hughes, ATWT

Elly Jo Jamison, Edge of Night

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

ATWT: Edith Hughes, John Hughes, Janice Turner, Neil Wade, Michael Shea, Liz Talbot, Paul Stewart, Alma Miller, Natalie Hughes.

I really can't come up with anyone for AMC besides Margo Flax. It's pretty easy to find at least a decent-length clip of virtually all of the show's major characters.

• Members

Well, I guess some of these don't qualify as old soap characters if they were created a couple years ago and just left last year but...

OLTL

Kevin Buchanan (Dan Gauthier)

Tina Lord (Andrea Evans)

Gabrielle Medina (Fiona Hutchison)

Nash (Forbes March)

Jared (John Brotherton)

Rachel (Ellen Bethea OR Daphne Duplaix)

Kyle Lewis (Brett Claywell)

Fish (Scott Evans)

Schuyler (Scott Clifton)

DOOL

Frankie (Billy Warlock)

Glenn Gallagher (Rob Estes)

Jennifer Horton (Melissa Reeves) - I don't watch DOOL anymore but I just read that she's been back on the show. If that's true, I might watch again.

Belle (Martha Madison)

GH

AJ Quartermaine (Billy Warlock) - pretty much the only character I liked on that show. As soon as he was killed off for their precious Jason, I stopped watching GH for good.

• Members

I'd kill to see Audra Lindley's version of AW's Liz Matthews. She is numero uno on my list. Also from AW would be Susan Trustman's Pat Matthews and Strasser's Rachel. Also interested in seeing Liz Hubbard as Althea Davis on the Doctors. Oh and it goes without saying Joan Crawford's stint on Secret Storm. Someone somewhere must have even a bad kinescope of her performance.

• Members

Yes, I'd love to see Audra too. There is some footage of Robin (at Lenore's wedding) but not much.

There's a 1982 episode of The Doctors on Youtube that has Althea, but I don't think we've ever seen any of her earlier stuff.

There have been rumors that someone has Joan's episodes, a private collector.

It means that most of the soap material from the late 40's to the late 70's is gone. Either in vaults and rarely seen, or completely destroyed. That was mostly what I was referring to.

But thank you for mentioning the people you want to see again.

• Members

AW--Bill Matthews and Missy Palmer, Janet Matthews, the first Mac Cory, Ted Clark, Bernice Robinson, Mike Bauer's Bay City stint

ATWT-John Hughes, Edith Hughes, Alma Miller, Michael Shea, Jada Rowland as Susan Stewart oh the list goes on!

Days-Susan Martin(was Alexander really that popular??), Margo Horton

GL-Helen Wagner as Trudy Bauer, Paul Fletcher, Johnny Fletcher, Charlotte Bauer

SFT-Arthur Tate, Sam Reynolds, Scott Phillips(though I think I've see him)

Y&R-Gwen Sherman, John Considine as Phillip Chancellor(loved him on AW)

• Members

First name that came to mind.

I have seen at least one clip of a lot of the following but I would love to see MUCH more (and sadly that isn't much of a possibility):

-Robin Strasser as Rachel

-Audra Lindley as Liz (she also makes a brief appearance in the Lenore/Walter wedding episodes Carl mentioned)

-Victor Lord (I have seen Ernest Graves but not Shepperd Strudwick)

-Meredith Lord

-Gillian Spencer as Viki/Niki (seen her Viki in the same ep I saw Ernest as Victor)

-Early Carla/Sadie

-Jack Neal (never seen)

-Joshua Hall (never seen)

-Nancy Pinkerton and Claire Malis as Dorian

-Patricia Pearcy and Jane Badler as Melinda (haven't seen either)

Archived