Characters That Took Over Your Show

• Members

I'm with Cheap on this one. When AM was out on mat leave, it was like a breath of fresh air, and although I like AM and her character, the show didn't skip a beat IMHO.

A good example from AMC? The Merrick/Grey clan. It revitalized the entire canvas, and generated story for most of the nineties, although I imagine for those who didn't enjoy it too much, it seemed as bad as the Sextet of Suck from the mid 00s.

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Y&R Cricket, Kevin, CANE, Amber, Daniel, Giggly Heffa, Gloria, Chloe, Tucker

OLTL Ford, James, Nate, DANI, Inez, Cutter, SAM, David, Aubrey, Skye

GH Sonny, Jason, Carly, BRENDA

AMC BABE, Krystal, David, Marissa, RYAN, Greenlee

B&B AMBER, Nick, Kimberly

PC RAFE, Caleb, Joshua, Ian

RH Joe, Michael, KIM, Seneca

• Members

I love the capitalizing of certain names.

I would also add Michael to the GH list. Never have I seen a character dominate a show from infancy.

Yeah, Sam pretty much choked the life out of OLTL from 1998-2000. Ugh the memories.

Lindsay was everywhere too, but Cat Hickland was so crazy entertaining at the time that it doesn't seem as suffocating.

Luna also seemed to take up a lot of time in her first few years on the show. So did Marty, moreso in her first run than her return.

• Members

LOL...God, I loathed the suckitude that was Katie/(insert name of manwhore she was hooking up with here). Skatie, Matie, Hatie...they even poisoned Jack with that infernal blonde nymphet. I remember going ballistic when Katie literally refused to hand Carly back her wedding ring, all on the insane assumption she was actually cheating on Jack with Mike's dipshit cousin Nick.

I also remember how many fans on MD were relieved when Columbino went on maternity leave. And then promptly forgot Katie wasn't in town. :lol:

Another horrible example: RPG's Gus on GL. He ruined Harley for me. RUINED.

• Members

Y&R = When Mac came on-board. The Glo-house was the best part, but it was just such, ugh. It's interesting because the two "villains" in the Billy/Mac s/l ended up being the most interesting characters/actors IMO. They would be J.T. and Brittany. (Of course, they f'd the JT/Mac later.)

Archived