Days: Actress let go???

• Members

Where's the thread/source regarding Matthew Ashford?

I'm going to be sick. Jack, returning? *hurls*

Can you please explain how Jack is needed on DAYS? I'm really interested to hear the "other side's" perspective because I just cannot fathom how he's needed.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Nelson Branco is ready to commit suicide...does he even watch days?

I think CC is a wonderful actress (on GL) but her whacked out fanbase and the constant soap media pampering has turned me off anything CC so good riddance and good luck with that new "network".

• Administrator

I love CC but her return was horrible. Her instant reunion with Bo....then the instant breakup.....then we find out Melanie is her daughter...now this pill addiction storyline that's leading nowhere - all crappy stories. Now they need to get rid of Melanie and Daniel. Just get rid of that entire family....they leave Salem together as one family. Happy ending for them. :)

• Members

I wasn't asking for a justification, that makes it sound like I think I'm right and you're wrong, which isn't the case. I honestly just want a viewpoint as to how Jack logically fits into the narrative because I cannot see an opening at all.

• Members

I love Crystal Chappell and loved her work on GL (pre-lesbian/highschool production values era) and always wondered what a Hope/Bo/Carly love triangle would be like... but then the execution of the actual storyline was terrible. And I agree that her insta-family and insta-drug addiction were all half-baked poorly executed storylines. So I can't say her exit is too disappointing. Plus, I don't think she's looking like the hot sexy thang she was when she left GL. I don't know if it's bad cosmetic surgery plus high-definition TV, but she's not lookin' her best. Just sayin'.

"Sticks 'n stones, Alexandra. If you can't take the heat, get out of my spotlight!" --- Olivia Spencer to Alexandra Spaulding (ah, the good ol' days of GL)

• Members

Oh, CC will be fine. This will just leave her more time for DRANKIN'!

They have got to dump Lauren Koslow. I swear to God she looks like some sort of hairless prehistoric cat now. Every time I see her on the show I think she is going to give someone the curse of King Tut.

• Members

I f-ing love it - let's terminated the talented ones. First MW is released, now CC. Everyone blames the writing, blah, blah, blah. These two actress succeed despite the writing. A lesser actress wouldn't have lasted a month. No wonder CC announced a new web soap. I had a sneaking suspicion. Don't really need to wish her luck, because just like MW, when you've got the chops, you'll find work.

• Members

Wow! I'm actually quite surprised by this! I came into this thread thinking that it was going to be Louise Sorel. Thank GOD it's not. If she weren't tied to Maggie, Victor, Kate, Brady, and Nicole, I'd be worried for her. Given that these new writers worked on Passions, I would imagine a character like Vivian would be right up their alley.

While Chappell's return didn't work at first, I did like how they incorporated her into the show by making Melanie her daughter. She and Molly have a nice, easy chemistry. I also LOVED any scene she shared with Kristian Alfonso. Kristian really upped her game whenever they worked together and I truly believe that CC brought out the best in KA, moreso than even Pinson or Rinna. I'll miss her.

ITA! Yeah, they don't pay those actors as much as Chappell but combined, they probably do. I'd probably add Chad and Abe to your list of duds, though I'd keep Abe on recurring.

Honestly? With the exception of Louise Sorel (who they haven't been using much of late), nobody on DAYS really does comedy right now. Jack & Jenn's banter in the old days made for some of the funniest scenes on the show. Plus, Ashford is a solid actor who is just as adept at doing drama as he is comedy. That's rare to find on the show. He shares a history with Justin, Adrienne, Carly (not that it matters anymore) and Kate, in addition to the obvious players (Jenn, Maggie, Sami, Bo, Hope) and he adds something to every scene he's in. I just hope that he's properly written for this time around, as everything they gave him in the 2000s was pretty much dogshit.

Archived