Days: Actress let go???

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Bring back Deb Adair! She always had more chemistry with Aniston and Sorel anyway. Plus, Ashford's coming back- those 2 had some nice chemistry as well. Jack and Kate had a nice friendship back in the day and I believe were being chem-tested.

I disagree, even though she isn't being used much. Yes, at first, she was brought on as a rival for Carly, but has since been moved over to the Aniston, Rogers, Koslow, Zucker, Martsolf orbit. Vivian is one character that you can do just about anything with and with the new head writers having previously worked on Passions, I can see them using Sorel and Vivian. She'd be a goldmine to them!

• Members

So many points to cover in this one thread! I'm going bullet-point:

• If Days wanted to, they could find something for CC to do besides make googoo eyes at Dr. McHairy. I'd much rather other characters were checking out of there than Carly ::coughMcHairyChestGabyTaylorFafecough::
  • Liked CC's interview with Branco, TBH. Like her idea of producing more soap content on the internet even though I don't think she has the $$$$ nor the writing talent to make a true impact. What these EPs of websoaps do not realize is that, in the audience's mind eye, they are competing with shows on cable and network TV. They have to be as good as anything CBS or the CW puts out, from glossy production standards, to acting, to the writing that keeps you on your toes. Right now they look like Public Access. Venice had some good scenes from what I saw but also a lot of "OMG! LOOK! Crystal is pouring herself a bottle of wine! IN HER KITCHEN! So meaningful! And OMG! They're filming OUTSIDE! This is REVOLUTIONARY!"
  • Lauren Koslow is a fricking GODDESS. Even with her blue hair. I could watch her and Joe Mascolo banter and cuddle all day. And this is coming from somebody who was a HUGE Deborah Adair fan. I hated LK when she first appeared on the show. Now she is my favorite character on Days (alongside Nicole and a few others). She arrives in a scene and everybody perks up.
  • Matthew Ashford, by contrast... well, he is a decent actor. But Jack sucks and has done for years. Ashford doesn't have that X factor, the chemistry or spark that somebody like Koslow, Suzanne Rogers or Missy Reeves bring to every scene they are in.
  • Also, Jennifer is better off without him OR that surfer doctor. Bring Mark Hapka back and have her sex him up instead.

• Members

I don't think websoaps will ever be able to do what most TV shows or films do. I think they should focus on the writing and the casting and on making themselves unique. As long as you can hear what's being said and they don't look like they're filmed in a public toilet, I think they will find an audience.

The problem with Crystal Chappell's shows have mostly been that the interest is in her, not in the soap itself. That's why Venice just ended up seeming like a vanity project.

• Members

Bling Bling!

Lauren Koslow is a goddess and my everything.

The actor who plays Chad is a star. He's got the X Factor.

Okay, I can understand this rationale. He's funny/amusing. He adds a light touch.

HOWEVER, as you point out, everything post 2000 has been dogshit, what on earth compels you to think this time will be any different?

BINGO!

And my problem isn't so much with Matthew Ashford, didn't mind him on GH, but I hate how he plays Jack. Mark Valley irritated me far less. I just don't like the character, really, I never have.

Cat is my soul sister.

• Members

1.) Nobody believes Jack would simply left Jennifer to go on something as stupid as walkabout and never even reacted after Jennifer got hurt or asked for a divorce. The way they decided to explain his absence is so unJack it simply begs for some more rational explanation.

2.) Jennifer´s return is bust so far, but even if Daniel/Jennifer had any substantial fan following they would still need a believable conflict.

3.) Missy´s popularity is at fraction of what used to be and most of her remaining fans are also fans of Jack and Jennifer. But only very few tuned back in when Missy returned after they saw Jennifer is once again alone, trashing Jack and about to get involved with another man. There is no reason to bring fan favorite back when at the same time doing it´s best to alienate her fanbase.

4.) Matt is a great actor, always loayal to DAYS and the chemistry he has with Missy is uniq. Their story during second run was mostly terrible but there are still many scenes to remember. They are great choice especially for the current cheap version of DAYS as their banter and comedy timing makes them entertaining even while sharing the most simplest scenes together.

5.) Separated and divorced supercouple who is deep down still in love with each other is one of the most classic DAYS stories and also one of the simplest to write for TPTB. People hate when popular couples split or have troubles, but don´t mind some obstacles and conflicts on the way as long as it leads towards reunion. Jack and Jennifer are in the best starting position any couple could ask for. DAYS desperately needs a couple in that position.

6.) Abby needs her daddy (until he forbids her to date young DiMera), Adrienne her brother and Jennifer her best friend, teacher and colleague. She is just so lost without him.

• Members

I like Lauren Koslow, but Kate adds nothing to the show, just another DiMera prop :ph34r:

LOL it's Funny cause alot of the same people who are saying how great she is are ones who were saying how much she sucked when Carly returned. I used to think she was great, but I think Carly isn't a great character

• Members

CC is a good NOT GREAT actress who landed IMO an almost iconic role in a sense on GL. GL has always written better for women so she had that advantage. I never thought Carly on Days was a great character, far from it, but she had an attention getting and popular storyline which catapulted her character on Days.

Days could have certaining done more with her over some of the others on this show they favor(MB for one).I just hope Daniel and Melanie follow Carly out of town. I get the sense that MB was a Higley favorite with how her character is propped and centered on Days as some sultry romantic heroine the men go gaga over. No wonder JKJ left.

I always loved Jack and Jennifer and am glad MA is back but I wonder if these 2 characters are really strong enough to sustain themselves on the canvas without the other anymore especially since they are clearly not treated as tier one characters on this show. But once Jack and Jennifer are reunited for perhaps what the 10th or 11th time, I don't see this regime writing for them. If Bo and Hope are any example, Jack and Jennifer need to leave once reconciled.

• Members

ICA I won't be sad to see her go. She was better than I expected her to be but I really don't think she's all that. Her fanbase is crazy and the pimping of her from the soap media is way over the top and not deserved IMO. Nelson especially needs to STFU about her. I just hope she takes Daniel & Melanie with her. Let them go off and be happy so that I don't have to see them on my screen anymore.

• Members

Not entirely true- I enjoyed them all the way through 1993! I LOVED them on the "One Stormy Night" primetime show, stumbling upon that "Love Connection"-like game show set and playing along! They were hilarious! The only dud storyline they were given was Hawk the con-artist (J. Eddie Peck). I even liked his exit story, with Abigail being diagnosed with aplastic anemia, caused by the water that Jack's company had polluted. Though some say Jack was a coward for leaving town and leaving Jenn to raise Abigail alone, I think it was perfectly in character that Jack would feel tremendous guilt for inadvertantly causing his daughter's illness. He never quite believed that he was good enough for Jenn and realizing he indirectly poisoned his own daughter sent him over the edge.

• Members

Sorry, but I disagree with this. I think Deidrick is quite overrated and always has been. If they were pairing him with Will, the only character he has chemistry with, then I'd be okay with him staying. But since they're clearly not going in that direction, I see no need for him to be on the canvas. He was most interesting when Jessica Tuck was on the show playing Madeline, but since the show foolishly killed her off, there's really nowhere to go with Chad. Frankly, I never understood why the show was jumping through hoops to tie him to the Dimeras and keep him as a permanent fixture on the show anyway. He's not all that IMO.

1. The dogshit was mostly written by JER and then Higley. Neither writer is with the show any longer.

2. The stuff he was given under Langan and then Brash and Cwikly and even Sheffer wasn't bad (it was actually pretty good) and it seemed like he was back to being good ol Jack Deveraux.

3. We have brand new writers from Passions taking over and my gut tells me they'll be able to use a comedic and quirky character like Jack more properly than JER and Higley ever could.

Um, why is everyone so high on Vivian leaving? Sure, her return has been far from perfect, but Sorel is as entertaining as ever and both the sarcophogas and post-sarcophogas revenge stories have had potential. Louise Sorel is one of the most talented and capable actresses on the show, and somebody is going to have to cause trouble for Magstor when they get together. Clearly, that 3rd wheel should be Vivian!

• Members

No need to worry. As I don´t believe in miracles I think DAYS is over in 2013. That gives them two year to tell a good reunion story. If they marry in July 2013 and leave as happy couple (with no chance for Jennifer once again reappear few years later alone and Jack who knows where) I´ll be happy.

• Members

Deidrik has chemistry with everyone he works with, especially Lauren Koslow. I didn't think Jessica Tuck did anything noteworthy.

Honestly, I don't see how anything post 2000 with Jack Deveraux is enjoyable. I will simply be fast forwarding through his scenes and I guarantee you this will be a FLOP of a return.

The only thing we agree on is Louise Sorel...but even then, I don't think she's best intermixed with Suzanne Rogers and John Aniston, that story is pretty over, Maggie won, Vivian lost, lets get on with it. Vivian should be somehow involved with EJ/Nicole/Sami, they need to make her a straight up bitch too, Vivian is at her most compelling when Louise has the opportunity to play her "straight". Better yet, have Vivian blackmail Lexie and give two of DAYS' great actresses something to do. That would be fabulous.

Archived