DAYS: June Discussion Thread

• Replies 260
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

This recent Jennifer behavior is so not in character... I remember how she was with Frankie, Emilio, Jack, even Peter.. the one character flaw that made Jennifer more then just a good-goody was her impulsive, rebellious side. The Jennifer of old would never think she was less then Chloe... in fact, when she used to tangle with Eve back in the late 80's/early 90's.. Eve was usually jealous of Jennifer.

Jennifer was always confident, independent, and never let any man tell her what to do. She loved jack despite his flaws but she always would stand up for herself and always felt worthy of him. In fact, during their early years together.. they help each other overcome obstacles (Jack feeling worthy of love, Jack's guilt over killing his adoptive father, Jennifer's rape).

What worries me is that Corday thinks Jenn/Dan need a 3rd party to interfere.. I'm thinking to myself that Dr. Dan is that 3rd party. I just want to sit down with Corday and say that he's the producer, not a storyteller... and then tell him that his parents are turning over in their graves over how he's hurt the brand they labored to make a reality.

Plus, his explanation of getting rid of a few characters that haven't gelled.... um... Carly/Vivian are awesome.. it's just that you had a lousy writer not ultilizing them to their full potential. How about we get rid of Dario/Gaby.. or at least recast them? I could think of a few other characters that haven't caught on (cough.. Taylor.. cough) that should be gotten rid of.

That is all for now :)

• Members

Jenn/Daniel is the most awful storyline on DAYS right beside EJ/Taylor. Jennifer has turned into a weak, insecure hussy out of nowhere. The Actress playing Abby is not good and the character is an annoying twit. Her added into this makes it even worse. Terrible, all of it.

Melanie and Dario have star potential written all over them! Today was their best scenes together to date. I loved the scene where Melanie explained why she married Philip. Fantastic acting by Molly Burnett!

Those Sami/Fafe scenes were intense! Sami told Fafe that he raped her! I hope she really does take her advice and get herself checked for STD's.

LOL @ Caroline putting Rafe in his place! Loved how she talked about her history with Shawn and Victor.

Sorry don't care about Vivian/Quinn. Boring and out of nowhere.

• Members

The thing that pisses me off about Days is that they aren't fixing they are putting bandaids on hiding the awfulness of the show by bringing back beloved characters like Jack, Marlena, John, and I enjoy all these characters but whats the point if they aren't fixing the current messes on screen.

I dislike Melanie intently but I actually could enjoy her with Nathan. And I don't think Dario is a waste of a character, he's honestly the only Hernandez half interesting but I just can't get into he and Melanie.

And I am not a Crystal Chappel fan or Nadia Bjorlin fan but it bothers me to no end how CC is now a casualty of what is wrong with Days when she's barely been on as the ratings have eroded the past few months. Yes her return has been botched but she did help the show out ratingswise initially when she first showed up. Carly is really the only believable relationship I find with Melanie and Days lets that one fall by the wasteside. What happened to building up families? CC is likely expensive which is most likely why she's gone. I guess someone had to pay for the big returns.

I expect this show is going to have to lose a couple of more big salaries and I don't think as JM, SR, LK, and JA are recurring it's coming from them. Aside from the airhogs on Days now, I cant imagine where else they could cut to save money for other fan fave returns. They aren't cutting Peter Reckell or Kristian Alphonzo. THey arent cutting Allison(that would be crazy). I doubt GG is going anywhere. James Scott an emmy nominee doubtful but I sadly think Ari Zucker might be in jeopardy. Nadia Bjorlin also. But then that leaves that agegroup sorely lacking with females in that agegroup unless they bring back a Carrie or maybe a Belle who might be able to fit into that and with the younger age group.

• Members

^ Agreed. Well, not about the leaving, because God knows I'm in this til the end at this point, but she is fantastic, and I am 99% sure that TPTB are well aware of that. Nicole has even withstood the crappy writing of several regimes, which is saying a lot, just because she has so much life in her as a character.

• Members

Joe Mascolo is the only one of the Fab Four (Maggie, Victor, Kate and Stefano) who makes anywhere near to a nice salary. John Aniston is recurring. Suzanne Rogers has always made a pittance and Lauren Koslow has been taking pay cuts since 2003.

I think Corday might actually be paying for some of these returns himself in order to balance the budget. There is no way Louise Sorel and Crystal Chappell's salaries will even begin to cover DH2.

Guest dc cubs

I don't know about Hall but I don't think Hogestyn will cost much. He did an interview with Nelson Branco awhile back where he said that when he was cut from Days he offered to go back to his 1985 entry level salary to stay on the show.

• Members

The EJ/Nicole scenes from yesterdays show were dynamite! I'm surprised that there's been NO comments on them. Best DAYS scenes in a while!

I'm loving Casey Deidrick/Chad...

Hope, Jennifer, & the campfire brownie girls were cute!

Loved Daniel/Carly

I hate what Quinn is doing to Chloe :(

• Members

I think my problem with Nicole and EJ is I have seen these scenes play out so many times. I think Ari is fabulous and she is clearly James Scotts best acting partner by far but I just can't get excited about these 2 anymore. I have literally watched them together for almost 4 years how with a small break. The scenes were great but they will lead to where? The same place really no where. I think my problem is EJ overload. I can watch Ari in anything and I love her. I never tire of her with anyone. With him, I can watch him with Lexie and Nicole and thats it. I tired a long time ago of the endless EJ/Sami/Lucas then EJ/Rafe/Sami and the EJ/Stephano stuff because everything just seems to be a repeat. And him involved with Nicoles sister? Eh. I think a lot of the issue aside from the horrid story was again it was EJ/Nicole and Nicole looking pathetic. Been there done that before.

People complain about Sami overload and Rafe overload, EJ is worse. Send him to prison for a few months and give the audience a break and chance to miss him and want him back on screen. With all these returns planned, they can likely afford it. I like James Scott but I think the scene chewing and non stop story has burnt the character out for me at least for a while.IN some ways he reminds me a lot of Laura Wright who I dislike tremendously but is someone you have enjoy in doses and then need a break from because shes just an overiding presence in scenes. Him I like though her I don;t

I can honestly say aside from Chad, there is not one other thing I am enjoying on Days these days. All of the storylines are just plain awful. Its going to be a long long long summer.

Archived