Two Broke Girls: Discussion Thread

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • Members

I love this show! it's quickly become my favorite show. I think this pre-christmas one was my ultimate favorite. I see Max as like a young Carla Tortelli from Cheers. or she could have been raised by Carla. That would be cool... if they have Rea Perlmen come on for an episode and play her mother. I see a lot of similarities of what carla could have been like if Cheers was around now and could get away with the more racy talk.

I used to love TAAHM but this show has become my number one favorite. I hope it lasts for many seasons to come.

• 1 month later...
  • Members

Carl, at what point do you think he destroyed SEX AND THE CITY?

I have to say, I shared a lot of the concerns about the diner characters, especially at the beginning. They were horribly one note. I also agree that there has been some work in fleshing them out a bit since then. And he's certainly an equal opportunity offender.

• Members

For me season 3 was the beginning of the end - the show became so damn morose, Carrie became pathetic beyond belief, and there were so many desperate attempts to make some melancholy moment. The whole Carrie/Aidan story, poor damaged Carrie isn't going to ever be good enough for noble John Corbett, soured me on a lot of the show. I watched to the end but the characters became increasingly strained and I had more and more of a problem believing any of them were friends. By the end the only friendship I believed was with Charlotte and Mario Cantone.

• Members

I also think King destroyed Sex and the City though I didn't mind his first couple of seasons I guess. (I never really understood why Star walked away, though I take it it was his decision). The fact that he was in charge of the final season and the awful movies--plus this report--make me think he truly is clueless about what works in his shows and what doesn't (turning Sex and the City a series about how independant women didn't need mena nd a family to be happy but could form a family of friends into the typical "I need a man to be a success" fantasy is the key example there). ANd it's ridiculous for them to honestly pretend that terms like "facial" are not menat ot be heard as sexual double entendres. As the piece says, it would be one thing if he just owned his show and didn't skirt the issues being asked... (and I do think the show's success is all about the chemisty of the leads--the diner scenes ARE largely terrible).

(Gotta love the old "I'm gay and I write potentially offensive gay jokes so I can write any stereotype I want and not have to justify it or even admit to it...")

• 7 months later...
  • Members

OK back to 2 broke girls. I love that Steven Webber is now playing Caroline's father. His photo was shown in the season final but he wasn't actually on it. This time he was. I still say gregory Harrison would have made a great "Martin Channing" but Steven's OK. I hope he comes on more.

Now that it's on at nine, maybe more people will be accepting of it.

Archived