Two Broke Girls: Discussion Thread

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrator

2 BROKE GIRLS is a comedy about two young women waitressing at a greasy spoon diner who strike up an unlikely friendship in the hopes of launching a successful business – if only they can raise the cash. Sassy, streetwise Max (Kat Dennings) works two jobs just to get by, one of which is waiting tables during the night shift at the retro-hip Williamsburg Diner. Sophisticated Caroline (Beth Behrs) is an uptown trust fund princess who’s having a run of bad luck that forces her to reluctantly give waitressing a shot. At first, Max sees Caroline as yet another in a long line of inept servers she must cover for, but she’s surprised to find that Caroline has as much substance as she does style. When Caroline discovers Max’s knack for baking amazing cupcakes, she sees a lucrative future for them, but they first need to raise the start-up money. While they save their tips, they’ll stay at the restaurant, working with Oleg (Jonathan Kite), an overly flirtatious Russian cook; Earl (Garrett Morris), a 75-year-old kool-kat cashier; and Han Lee (Matthew Moy), the new, eager-to-please owner of the diner. Working together, these two broke girls living in one expensive city might just find the perfect recipe for their big break. Michael Patrick King (“Sex and the City”) and writer-comedian Whitney Cummings (“Chelsea Lately”) are executive producers for Warner Bros. Television.

• 4 months later...
  • Members

This wasn't mind-blowingly good, but I enjoyed it and it shows some promise. I'm excited James Burrows is directing. Some of the jokes were original and fun and some other stuff was very cliche. LOVED the horse being brought at the crack yard.

• Members

I love this show. Some parts were a bit shaky, but I laughed quite a bit, instantly connected to the two main characters. Sort of a modern Laverne and Shirley which I like. A lot of potential with this show. If they build on the strengths and smooth out the other parts, CBS could have a hit on their hands.

Archived