Once Upon A Time: Discussion Thread

• Replies 241
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I wonder if maybe both these shows have hit on a winning idea with the whole fairytale thing. I've seen a lot of people who really like Grimm posting on other boards. I think NBC hit on something without knowing it and put the only winning show they have on a bad night.

• Members

Emma and her parents being the same age is cause they're frozen in time, she's not. Tis why Henry ages and the others don't, he was born OUTSIDE of their kingdom

Red Riding Hood is the girl at Granny's hotel that has the red streaks in her hair.

Rumpelstiltskin, all I know about him is he wanted someone's first born cause they asked a favor of him, and Malefecent is from Sleeping Beauty

• Members

In the case of ABC and Once Upon A Time, I'm not that shocked by it's success. In fact, it seems like common sense, after all ABC is owned by Disney the KING of Fairy Tales and The Wonderful World of Disney, which aired many classic Disney films, aired on Sunday's night for DECADES. So I think part of the audience could be those that remember watching Disney favorites like Beauty & the Beast, Snow White, etc and this show reminds them of that.

• Members

I admit I did for a bit think how they could use the Disney version of many elements (Malificent for example), till I realized it's ABC/Disney of course.

Still nto fully sold on the show but I hope she has a hit too--I always associate with her those flop Summer series Windfall (which wasn't great) and Swingtown (which I admit I loved lol).

What kind of household did you grow up in? :cry:

• Members

I agree.

I actually think she is very pretty, girl next door looking as snow white should be. Snow White is not traditionally this stunning goddess. The short, pixie hair cut was jarring at first, as i last seen her in Something Borrowed, but its nice and i assume she did it for the show as to differentiate herself more between the fairy tale and the current times.

• Administrator

She's pretty for a normal type of girl (like in her romcoms) but for Snow White? I don't expect a Supermodel or anything. Can't think of another actress right now. I'll have to get back to you on that.

He was born in the Kingdom. He just wasn't there when the curse happened.

I love Rump/Gold too. My favorite scene from episode 2 was the Rump/Evil Queen scene where he tells her the heart must come from someone she loves most.

My second favorite scene of the episode. Go Emma!

And Boomtown!

LOL I was never into fairytales when I was kid.

• Members

I really enjoyed this episode. I was not bored at all. James is very sexy in his fairytale get up. He and Snow have sizzling chemistry. I loved how they were looking at the each other in that final scene. Emma finally deciding not to be alone and going to her mother was poignant. The Queen is trying too hard which is why everything that she is doing will bring about the end of the cure.

Next week's episode looks really good. It features Gold/Robert Carlyle which can only be a good thing.

I suspect you will be thinking a long while on that one. If anyone is not good looking enough, it is the actor who plays James Charming. He is an attractive enough man, but he is pretty bland and isn't close to handsome.

Archived