Once Upon A Time: Discussion Thread

• Replies 241
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

This was such a great pilot. I loved it! I even cheered when I saw that Charming was alive. Of course, then I remember how much I loved Lost before it turned into pure crap two seasons later. Oh well, I'll enjoy Ginnifer Goodwin and Robert Carlyle for the time being.

• Members

Were the creators involvd in all of Lost? Because of course they advertise it to sound like it's from the creators of Lost--which isn't remotely true, but I don't even remember seeing their names with Lost. *edit* OK I'm an idiot, I see they have a ton of episode credits for Lost. lol

I thouight it was a good pilot--but something about it has me feeling a bit underwhelmed--I'm glad everyone seemed to lovwe it though. I couldn't tell what tone it wanted (cutesy? more mature?) and it left me with the feeling it would be a great first episode for a miniseries--not so much a series (will they be trapped in Storybrook till the series finallye nds? or is this just the first arc?) And I dmit from a completely sillym unreasonable level, I hate when they mix up fiary tales (Snow White, etc) with actual fiction (Pinocchio etc, which I guess cuz Disney adapted it many feel is a fairy tale but it has an actual author). But I did like it :P (I always associate Lana Parrilla with shows that don't last though of course she has been on some hits too).

• Members

Ha despite my disagreement with ABC lately, I do like that they're certainly taking more risks than, say, CBS. But it does feel like many of these shows would be better miniseries and haven't been fully thought out. And I'm not sure ABC should brag that this was their highest rated reboot since V...

• Members

I loved it! Very mysterious and enchanting and very well cast.

What do you guys think about the fact that Snow White is the same age as her daughter? I know they said time stands still but do you think that means the people don't age or do you think the town of Storybrooke literally didn't exist until the curse was set forth and they were all literally reborn? Love that I can't figure it out, just like Lost!

And WHAT is Rump up to? He knows plenty and has an entirely different agenda than The Evil Queen

• Administrator

I loved it too!! I don't have much knowledge of fairytales, like, I've heard the name Rumplestillskin but I don't know who he is. LOL Loved the "Lost" references too - I'm glad they're little nuggets like this. Lana Parrilla is quite sexy as the Evil Queen! :wub: Meghan Ory (Red Riding Hood/Ruby) is also hot and Jennifer Morrison is not bad either. Though I'm not a fan of Gennifer Goodwin's pixie hair - I wouldn't mind having a prettier Snow White. LOL I'm interested to find out how the kid knows all this stuff - is all the information in the book?

I'm glad the show did well in the ratings. Hopefully they can keep it up. Props to ABC President Paul Lee for taking a risk in putting this show on.

• Members

This show is making me google Rumplestiltskin (sp?) and Maleficent (LOL). I like this show but haven't figured out all the fairy tale characters yet. Which one is Red Riding Hood? And is the psychiatrist supposed to be a fairy tale character too?

• Members

I was mostly bored by this second episode. I kept changing the channel, only to discover that there was not much else on until Dexter and The Walking Dead. The best part of the episode was the last scene between the Queen and Gold. It does seem like Gold remembers everything and purposely got Emma's baby for the Queen knowing that it would draw Emma to the Storybrook and break the curse. Robert Carlyle is such an entertaining actor. I want him in scenes with Gennifer Goodwin.

Who would you consider prettier than Gennifer Goodwin? I do not consider her beautiful, but cannot think of more than one or two other American tv actresses who are prettier.

Archived