OLTL Tribute Thread

• Members

The magazines lost all journalistic endeavors a long time ago and that's so clear in this podcast, they're just promotional pieces for the soaps. They never ask any interesting or followup questions, they're so used to being mouthpieces for the networks. I do enjoy the podcast though but that's in spite of the hosts, I just like hearing the actors talk about their history on daytime.

• Replies 7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

Her memory is incredible. She's able to recite full names and dates from events that happened almost 50 years ago. Michael doesn't get too deep but his affection for the genre and the actors he interviews is infectious.

• Members

Ron probably tried to get Erica to play Vivian. Glad she has more class and dignity and didn't take these BS roles. Poor Robin trashed herself to play Vivian for 30 episodes and wasn't invited back. Loved how Erica called out her fav head writers (Malone and O'Shea and Carlivati) and indirectly shaded Higley.  But she defended Frons.  I never realized that Gillian Spencer was fired as the first Vickie. I wonder why since she ended up playing Daisy and was a story consultant to AMC for a while. Erica also mentioned that she was originally up for a new role. I think the role was Mary Kennicott on AMC.

Edited by RavenWhitney

• Members

I don't like to argue with Erika, but that's the only time I've ever heard that Gillian was fired, and didn't want out on her own.  It doesn't make much sense (especially, of course, since there was a Vicki between them).  And yeah, Erika, for some reason, has always been a bit too kind towards Frons I think lol.  In that respect I prefer Susan Lucci and Agnes Nixon's take (two women who are usually loathe to say anything negative)

• Members

Yes I find it hard to believe Gillian was fired. If you look at her track record in soaps her roles were usually short lived.

From what I've read she has a lot of interests and probably wasn't too keen on settling into a long term role but happy to return every few years - maybe to top up the bank account.

Daisy on AMC was her longest stint, but she was older by then and probably knew further roles were going to be harder to come by.