OLTL Tribute Thread

I liked Robyn as both Stephanie (OLTL) and Maggie on (AW). I wish she would've lasted longer on OLTL. Robyn came to OLTL during a transitory period. She was my favorite Maggie. There was a playful and genuinely sweet quality to her. With a bit of an edge that she showed as Maggie. Couldn't find any of the clips where Stephanie lost her virginity to Jason Webb. RG did great work in those scenes. #RIP 

Edited by victoria foxton

• Replies 7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

That really weird period between Rauch leaving and Gottlieb starting where everything's just...off. Nice to see Robyn Griggs in action in this episode (RIP, taken from us way too young), she's one of the few bright spots in an otherwise trainwreck of an episode. They really thought an asthma story for the teens was gonna bring in the viewers? And the dialogue and direction are generally cringeworthy. Whoever was playing Kevin during this period is just...embarrassing. Erika Slezak had to do a whole lot of heavy lifting in this episode, she made some awkward scenes cohesive.

At one point I see Cassie try to recall a joke Joey told, and there is a moment when she asks Megan if she remembers, there's this...weird weight to Megan insisting she didn't remember that sort of...implies she was hiding something, but...I get the sense that it was just a really bad directorial choice and that it didn't mean anything. Can anyone confirm this?

• Members

@vetsoapfan I thought you might be interested in this. Tom Fuccello being asked a fan question about why the show didn't let Pat and Paul get back together and instead paired Paul with Dorian.

"All I can say is they thought that two happy people together would be boring, but Jacquie and I both disagree. We thought they should have gotten back together, and then they could have created some problems. Paul could have gone astray, or there could have been some other complication with Tony, or maybe bring in a child - Pat and Paul could have had a child. There are a number of ways to keep it complicated and interesting - there were other ways to handle it. It's a shame, because many fans feel as you do, and really liked Pat and Paul as a couple. Also, Jacquie and I always enjoyed working together, and we think it showed."

• Members

Thank you, Carl.

I could have gotten behind a triangle with Pat, Paul and Dorian; the chemistry would have been electric. Courtney and Fuccello oozed chemistry on screen. Phillip McHale was one-dimensional and colorless as Tony (Chip Lucia proved to be even more miscast, ugh), but Pat and Paul ignited the "rooting factor" among fans, if letters to the editors in soap magazines were a good indication of what viewers wanted.

ABC stupidly tried to pair Pat with a new character named Adam Brewster, who was stiff, charmless, icky, and (to be brutally honest) fairly homely. WHAT were TPTB thinking??? You don't try pairing Laura Webber with Spinelli on GH. Egads! The strong Courtney/Fuccello pull only made the Pat/Adam Brewster disaster more noticeably egregious.