OLTL Tribute Thread

• Replies 7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

13 Bourbon Street was slated for late night airing on FOX. It was originally slated to air at 11:00 p.m. five nights a week. Later, before FOX bailed on the show, it had decided to air 13 Bourbon Street once a week in prime time. Actor/writer Richard Backus described all of this in an article recently posted on SON.

The USA soap was titled The Avenue. It was slated to air five nights a week in the early evening. A Variety article in April 1999 stated it was set for an early 2000 debut. A novelist named Todd Komarnicki was credited as being the creator, not Sharon DeBord. The show was to be set in Queens, New York and was described as being similar to EastEnders.

• Members

Thnx for even more info. I personally enjoy reading about show bibles that didn't get made. I came across a note just the other night about Stephen J. Cannell dying which referred to the show bible he nominated the year that NBC affiliates chose Aaron Spelling's SUNSET BEACH. Apparently the Cannell show was to be a lawyer office soap.

• Members

That's exactly what I felt about that 6 months of MM at AW. I began with optimism, was glad he chose to work at the studio & to spend time with actors, etc. but the results just didn't gel & none of it felt like home. Yet it was interesting. And, if 13 Bourbon St. had premiered, I probably would have been someone who was checking it out!

• Members

Watching some of the Fall 1989 episodes posted. The show really turned around quick once Tina/Gabrielle entered the halfway house with the Lord Love the Children caper. 

You almost have the end of an era with Tina being cornered by Ambrose Wyman in Llanview with Viki and Megan trapped in the dilapidated saloon after Taggert blew some dynamite up since Tina and Viki were always the Perils of Pauline in the latter half of the 80s. 

It's always the other characters for me that don't fit. Dan/Brenda/Michael were slightly interesting, Gabrielle is always on fire. 

But they really failed on banking on any new characters. They totally dropped Rafe and Delilah that had opportunity. No characters with the charisma of Andrea Evans for when she left. 

I would have loved to see a sister for Cord or some kind of spitfire younger vixen. They had nothing to move to the forefront besides a bunch of blond heroines.